ShinDiors

Jul 16, 2021
Northern VA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My local HD/lowes carry pipes, elbows and joints mostly. I checked the further reading and saw the mentioning of Buy Schedule 40 PVC Fittings at Discount Prices, also Ace hardware. I found the former's shipping pretty much kills the deal (starting from $18 for a few small/light parts) unless I'm buying in bulk, the latter, my local stores seemed not to carry much in store, a lot of the stuff is "ship to store for free pickup" that would take a few days still.

Can you guys direct me to the places you've found useful to get Sch40 parts? Nothing particular in mind right now, I just need this info handy just in case. Thanks a lot.

Google plumbing supply shops near you. Not places with a 'plumbing aisle' mind you, you want where actual plumbers go for parts. You probably pass a couple all the time and never gave it a second thought.

Repeat for electrical supplies when you need a better selection than the Depot.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Let us know if you find other good online sources.

PVC Parts Sources​

Schedule 40 parts are hard to find in the home improvement stores. Below is a source members have found useful.

PVC Fittings Online has a TON of PVC parts you can't find at HD or Lowes and shipping is affordable. They have a lot of the hard to find stuff like a 2" 90 with a 1" tee.

Lasco Fittings has all sizes, schedules and configurations of Pool/Spa fittings. They can be found in many of the big box stores and online retailers. Lasco Schedule 40 Fitting Catalog

Anderson Manufacturing has Kwik Repair Fittings that makes installation or repair of PVC lines faster, easier, and more cost efficient by requiring just one fitting. By using tapered sleeves which slide onto the pipe, repairs can be made without bending or flexing of the existing pipe.

Anderson Manufacturing also has Extender Fittings that are used when replacing a standard glued in fitting, valve, etc. Extends the length of the new fitting so it can be re-glued onto the existing pipe. One end of this fitting goes over existing PVC pipe the other fits inside another plumbing fitting. Use this to repair plumbing or replace fittings where at least 1-1/4" of exposed pipe remains.

Tools for Pools Catalog has many problem solving products.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.