One question about Filter pressure gauge.

That type of check valve adds a lot of flow restriction. There are better options for pools. Look at the flapper type that Jandy and others sell.

That said, I do not know why you need a check valve. I have never had a problem with DE in the pump or pool and do not have one which makes me think you have something else going on.

If you open the pump, it should still not be possible for the filter to drain as no air should easily get into the filter ... unless you have some kind of leak at the top of your filter allowing air in.

Well this is the problem I'm having. my pump seems to be working and there is no bubbles on the the basket area from there the pipe goes to the filter mulch-switch valve but inside the valve sounds like there are little rocks inside or something. i open the valve and is working fine. and all seals and gaskets are fine. I'm running out of idea. also My filter is working at 5psi... isnt it suppose to be at least 10psi? when i open all my returns it drops to 3psi. the noise in the valve stops when i restrict the flow from the returns to 3/4

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.