One more time for the Newbie?

Glad that you are seeing improvement!

For now, you only need to test for FC & CC and pH; however, don't test for pH while your FC is greater than 10.

Testing pH with FC above 10 can cause a false high reading. So the next time your FC drops below 10, test the pH.

If pH needs adjusting, do so and then continue with your shocking.

You can get on a maintenance schedule with all the 'big kit' testing once your pool is cleared. Info in Pool School.

And yes, we would love to see a pic :-D

Thanks for the compliment. I just set up a photobucket account but I do not have access to the pictures at work, I will have to wait until I get home.

In the meantime, I have a question regarding when will I know that the green (from the algae) is gone and now the coloration is due to the suspended dead algae (will the color no longer have even a hint of green, or will there be a green tinge)? To be honest, it has been sooo long since I saw it perfectly clear that I cannot remember what color the water is supposed to be.... I do still see some evidence of green through the murky water near the main drain and on the steps I still see settled greenish/brownish residue. The shallow end of the pool though looks pretty clear. Once I have swept it all appears to still be a minty green color. I have maintained the pool at shock level since Friday at noon (coming up on 5 full days/120 hours) am I on track or is this too long?

Todays numbers

FC 20
TC 20
CC 0

I did not measure anything else since my chlorine is still at shock level.

You are on track, this is not too long, it's pretty typical.

IMHO...if you are wanting more rapid progress, if your CYA is 70 your shock level is 28. The Pool Calc levels are slightly lower than the recommended shock level than what is listed on the CYA chart. I say shoot for 28 see if you make quicker progress.

You will see a definite color change as the algae dies, not more green, more grey/milky color.

Picture links

July14pics003.jpg

July14pics004.jpg

July14pics001.jpg

July14pics005.jpg

OH MY GOD! I woke up this morning to a beautifully crystal clear swimming pool! I have my Oasis back!

I will take some pictures in a minute when I check the water and will post them!!!!!!!!! Last night it was still pretty murky and I had some (1/2 bottle) water clarifier left so I threw some in. Before it would have taken bottle after bottle of clarifier to get it this clean. It is AMAZING looking this morning!
:party: :hammer: :wave: :cheers: :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.