OmniPL Chlorinator Set Point vs. Chlorinator Schedules

JohnnyRBravo

Bronze Supporter
Dec 29, 2018
Niceville, FL
I have schedules set up for my chlorinator and have been adjusting them downward since the FC is climbing (from 4.6pm to over 10ppm in about two weeks). However, the chlorine level keeps rising. I noticed on the Chlorinator screen in the OmniLogic app that the Set Point slider was set to 15%. All of my schedule, including the active one (two hours a day) are set to 1%. My conclusion is that the slider is overriding the schedules.

If true, what should I do with the slider?
  • Should I set it to the same percentage as the schedule? That would be inconvenient everytime I changed a schedule.
  • What happens if I have multiple schedules with different chlorinator settings?
I've currently set it to 1% on my phone app but was able to set it to 0% on the web app. Huh?

Additionally, there is an On/Off toggle on the Chlorinator screen; it's currently on. if I turn it off:
  • Will the schedules override it and start and stop as configured?
  • Will the entire chlorinator shutdown, ignoring the schedules?
I've read the OmniPL and OmniLogic manuals and haven't been able to find any information on the relationship between the Chlorinator screen and the schedules, other than descriptions of the slider and scheduling mechanics.

What are your schedules set in the OmniPL?

I have 12 schedules in 2-hour increments starting at 0:00 and going to 23:59. The only schedule currently set is 16:00 - 18:00 at 1%. There is a corresponding pump schedule for each chlorination schedule (see 3 attached screenshots)

Attachments

• 2024-05-09 Pool Schedule 1 of 3.png
    2024-05-09 Pool Schedule 1 of 3.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2024-05-09 Pool Schedule 2 of 3.png
    2024-05-09 Pool Schedule 2 of 3.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 2024-05-09 Pool Schedule 3 of 3.png
    2024-05-09 Pool Schedule 3 of 3.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 6
I think you are way over thinking your schedules.

What times do you want to run your pump at what speeds?

You don't need to schedule the SWG. Just set the SWG on and let it generate chlorine whenever the pump is running. Set the SWG % to your desired FC output based on the pump runtime.

Your chlorine level is rising due to all the % SWG changes you have set are overriding the 180 minute generation cycle and effectively causing your SWG to run close to 100%.

Every time you reset the % you restart the generation cycle. The SWG never gets to the idle times.

Good insight, thanks for the reference. Does it matter that all but one of my chlorinator schedules is off? I'm guessing I should lengthen my active chlorinator schedules?

I am trying to get you to simplify your setup.

The Omni system is a black box and Hayward shares little information about it.

When you make the setup complex there is no telling what it will do.

The simpler the better.