Ct
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My pool build is starting in 3 weeks or so, I'm still trying to button up some last minute equipment choices.
Should I go wirh omni logic or omni hub. I want to control vs pump, heater, light, swg maybe a few valves and other lights. I like the logic as it has the load center built right into the unit, makes for a cleaner install. I also am thinking omni logic is more future proof for automation going forward...Is the logic an overkill for my situation being I only want to control 1 body of water...

You should go with the OmniPL system, not the older OmniLogic system.

Reactions: 1poolman1
Only reason to get an Omnilogic over OmniPL is the extra amps and extra breaker space. Omni PL only has space for 8 breakers. I’m not sure but I think the Omni Logic can have 10 as well as 8 high voltage relays.

Only reason to get an Omnilogic over OmniPL is the extra amps and extra breaker space. Omni PL only has space for 8 breakers. I’m not sure but I think the Omni Logic can have 10 as well as 8 high voltage relays.
I think the pl would work...so this seems like the better option than going with the omni hub? My pb recommend the omni hub/pump combo but the pl will give me a cleaner install....

See the attached Hayward Omni Brochure.

Are you getting a SWG? Get the S/PLUS model OmniPL.

1695695750022.png

Attachments

• LITOMNIFAM21_Omni_Automation_Brochure_download_806f.pdf
    981 KB · Views: 4

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes I was thinking of going the the AquaRite S3 Salt System 40,000 gallon
Great choice.

With the OmniPL you don’t need a separate card or Aquarite panel the OmniHub requires and i think Hayward has an OmniPL bundle with the cell at a reduced price.

You wouldn’t need The Aquarite. An Omni PL will do it you just need the salt cell.
Ohh really wow that's a good savings...so the salt cell just plugs into the pl...
Quick question the Aquarite s3 offers a low salt mode that had me intrigued...would that still be available if I used just the pl? another option I liked to the s3 was...Pool cover detect capabilities
Edit Ok I just read this
HLBPLUS4W comes bundled with a TCell940 for pools up to 40,000 gallons...

Last edited:
Quick question the Aquarite s3 offers a low salt mode that had me intrigued...would that still be available if I used just the pl?

You don’t want to use the low salt option unless required to by your municipality.

The low salt reduces the chlorine generation in half. A 40K cell becomes a 20K cell. Half the salt gives you half the chlorine. It is marketing magic.

You don’t want to use the low salt option unless required to by your municipality.

The low salt reduces the chlorine generation in half. A 40K cell becomes a 20K cell. Half the salt gives you half the chlorine. It is marketing magic.
Thanks for your help I appreciate it...im going with the PL with the salt cell combo unit

My pool build is starting in 3 weeks or so, I'm still trying to button up some last minute equipment choices.
Should I go wirh omni logic or omni hub. I want to control vs pump, heater, light, swg maybe a few valves and other lights. I like the logic as it has the load center built right into the unit, makes for a cleaner install. I also am thinking omni logic is more future proof for automation going forward...Is the logic an overkill for my situation being I only want to control 1 body of water...
Omni logic is the only way to go. Very expandable. Control your Christmas lights if you want to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.