Omnilogic Questions

Make sure you get the "networked" versions of the ColorLogic lights. The Omnilogic panel currently doesn't talk directly to the networked lights (so technically it doesn't matter right now), but they have plans to add an expansion module that will add that capability. (at least as of last fall they didn't have that expansion module out). What that means is for now the OmniLogic can control those lights by cycling power to switch modes, but eventually with the expansion module there is a communications path directly to the light to tell it what mode to use without cycling through a bunch of times (on/off/on/off until it hits the right mode). I think it also adds additional "light show" modes.

We did a renovation last year and added ColorLogic 320 lights under our waterfalls, and replaced the existing pool lights with ColorLogic versions. Honestly the effect from the waterfall accent lights is less than we hoped for (should probably have just replaced the waterfalls with the ones with embedded LEDs), but I think the 320's would be a good choice for step lighting.

The part#'s we used were:
LPCUN11050 - main lights
LACUN11030 - accent lights

However I'm not sure if it would be the same parts for a new build as opposed to a replacement. Your PB should make sure that everything is compatible, and own the problems if it isn't, but just make sure that they get the "networked" versions - they may not bother (since they probably cost a *little* bit extra) unless you specifically request them since the OmniLogic currently doesn't support the extra features that the "networked" version adds, but that will give you the option later to simply add the expansion pack and get the extra features / controls without replacing the lights themselves.

I'd suggest that you make sure your contract has the specific light part#'s in it (i.e. not just a generic line item like "2 pool lights"), verify those part numbers are networked (on the hayward web site), and then verify when (/before) they install them that the part #'s match the contract - the boxes will have the part#'s on them.....

On new stuff? He swore me to secrecy.

I was just happy to have a rep actually care to spend an hour on the phone with me going over in minute detail every question I had. I wish every Hayward rep they had was like this guy. The others I've talked to left me fairly unimpressed. This guy knew his stuff. Customer service like that is hard to come by these days. I know this was just one guy in a big company but sometimes that's what it takes.

I can say that they sound like they have big plans for Omnilogic. Every time I took him down a path of how to make it do something it didn't currently do he had an answer with a new product addition or firmware upgrade that would be forthcoming to address the issue.

For instance, I thought it was ridiculous that they have this controller with an ethernet connection yet for me to upgrade firmware I've got to power off the whole panel, remove the dead front, and plug in a USB stick. That's really pretty sad. He said they're already working on a future firmware to have it upgrade over the Internet without me having to power down and take it apart.

Other features I wanted he said they already have in firmware that they just haven't released yet.

I'll definitely be posting a detailed review of the Omni once I get a chance to spend some time with it.

I'm a recent OmniLogic install and have just found this post. AFAIK it's still the same old process for firmware upgrades irrespective of live network/internet connection. Or am I using an old upgrade procedure?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.