OmniLogic & Landscape Lighting

Theo

May 17, 2010
GTA Ontario
Hi All,

I have a Hayward OmniLogic that I'd like to use to control my landscape lighting. My current transformer is no longer working and need to replace it. Can someone point me in the right direction of a bare bones transformer? All I need is something that will convert 120V down to 12V. It seems most of the transformers I'm seeing have built in timers & photo cells which I'll never use.

Thanks Jim,

Exactly what I was looking for. I had limited my Google search to Canadian Suppliers and for the most part they didn't ha e what I was after.

I'm sure I can source that Pentair unit now that I know what I'm looking for.

Hi All,

I have a Hayward OmniLogic that I'd like to use to control my landscape lighting. My current transformer is no longer working and need to replace it. Can someone point me in the right direction of a bare bones transformer? All I need is something that will convert 120V down to 12V. It seems most of the transformers I'm seeing have built in timers & photo cells which I'll never use.

Why don't you buy one at Home Depot or Lowes? Also, if you upgrade your bulbs to LED then the transformer can be pretty small watt wise, like 50 or 75 watt, depending on how many lights you have. My setup is Hayward Prologic > Light Relay > GFCI outlet > Transformer plugged into outlet > Lights.

Hi Kevreh - I want a bare bones transformer because there are fewer components that may fail down the road. I figure if I spend $150 on a transformer with zero features vs. $150 on one with photo cells and timers the stripped down version will likely have better build quality.

Outside of that my setup will be the same as yours, OmniLogic > GFCI > Transformer/Driver > LED lights.

I hear you. On my basic one from Home Depot I'm not using the photo cell and bypassing the timer. Think it was like $60. Transformers are really simple devices, your mostly paying for the shell not the components.

You still may want to look at the home depot transformers. for $40 more you could get twice the wattage for $100 more you could get 3X more wattage. Thats a lot more lights especially if your going led. You dont have to use the timers even though they are there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.