OmniLogic 'forgot' my VS pump? how to re-add?

mbeezie

May 14, 2021
CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi all,

My pool company opened my pool this year and did everything but hook up my SWG and turn the pump on. Not their fault, we just moved a bunch of stuff out of my garage and i could not find the salt cell. I finally found it (after they left of course). All i had to do was screw in the salt cell and plug in the pump -- they had done everything else (taken off the cover, pumped out water, put cartridge filter together, connected pump to the plumbing).

I have a hayward OmniLogic system to control the pool with a hayward Tristar VS 900 pump. This has been the system for the last two years and worked without a problem. The VS pump was installed by my pool company 2 years ago and last year i had an electrician and pool company jointly install the OL system. It was all working fine last year.

However, this year after plugging in the pump and turning on the breakers, the omnilogic says 'priming' but the pump doesn't turn on

I am going to measure the voltage at the outlet for the pump, just to verify it's actually getting power.

Last edited:
An update: i have power to the outlet for the pool pump, so that's not the problem.

I did some googling and it looks like this may not be an uncommon problem -- where the OmniLogic system 'forgets' the pump you have.

When i go to config and try to see my 'filter pump' nothing is listed. It seems the OL system somewhat 'forgot' the pump that was being used for the last year with my system.

I don't see an easy way to just run the pump for now to get my pool clean, so i seem to have to figure out how to get the OL system to 'see' my pool pump to get it all working again.

Does anyone have advice on where to go from here?

Move along. nothing to see here. The pool guys did not connect the pump to the omnilogic controller.

All up and running now.

Next year i'll just do this all myself!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.