Omni PL not powering on

amuniak

Jun 16, 2020
New Jersey
Staring up my system this year and flipped the breakers for the PL and Pump and no joy. Power to the panel is ok, because my heater powers on and the shed the PL is in has power, so it is just the PL that is not powering on. I checked the fuses and the pink 4 amp for the PRI was fried and swapped it with the valve actuator one, since I don't have any of those. All other fuses are ok. I reset the breaker from the panel at the house that powers the sub panel at the pool. Not sure where else to go from here. System was fine before being shut down for the winter. I did not winterize myself, but had a company do it so can not verify shut down procedure of the actual PL system.

If the fuse friend then other things on the board may have fried.

Look carefully at both sides of the board and see if there are any burnt components or board traces.

Post high quality pics of both sides of the board.

Everything looked in good shape, but will take some photos later today.

For reference it was the fuse labeled x in this photo that was fried.
Hayward_OnmiLogic_Board_Labeled.png

Check for 24V AC at V.
Crisis averted for the moment as it was just the fuses. After I replaced the 4A I was checking voltage and getting nothing. Went through the OmniLogic troubleshooting for an MSP with a blank screen. Got to the last step to check the 5A pulled it and it was fried. Replaced that and everything came online. I had earlier checked the 5A and it was fine so I can only guess that once the 4A was replaced or some other way the the 5A was blown.

Was able to get myself a nice new multimeter out of it and I didn’t have to replace anything expensive. But man those 4A fuses are hard to track down.