OMG - Friend's pool numbers... followed by WTH?

Aquaman95 said:
If you call the city water billing dept. and tell them you are filling a pool they may reduce the rate...sometimes they'll credit the sewer portion of the charge.

Yes I did this and just got my water bill yesterday. I had been worried for the last couple of weeks about high it would be. Here they charge you sewer the same amount as water usage. But I went by the office and signed a form stating how much water I used for the pool (approx 14k gallons) and they credited the sewage portion. Bill was $92 total (average bill is about $40/month - 3 kids, dishwasher, lots of clothes washing, lots of baths/showers), so I was VERY relieved :)

So, the LAST D&F will be the last... finished last night, new numbers are :punkrock: (best drumroll I could find):

TC = 3.5
pH 7.4
CYA = 70ppm
T/A = 130.

We put in 1/2 gallon of M/A and started airiating, and going to throw in another 1/2 this afternoon... theoretically, this should bring the T/A down to the 70-ish range, at which point we'll start adding borax.

Then, this "sure I'll help you start-up your pool, it shouldn't take more than a day" (said a week ago) should be done!

- Jeff

OK - WE ARE FINALLY DONE.

T/A was around 70, so today we added to 50ppm Borax and the equivalent in HCL. The pool just shimmers. pH was in the 7.2-7.4 range.

FC was around 8...

She's going to keep me up-to-date on the pH readings for the next few days. And because she only has an OTO test kit, my "rule-of-thumb" - Test regularly, if it reads LESS than 5 on the OTO kit, add 1 quart of 10% (about 3 ppm).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.