TN_Adriane

Jun 16, 2023
Greeneville, Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New join to the TFP family. Been reading forum for 2 years now when I bought my first pool. 24’ above ground pool. Has been great first 2 years. Couldn’t ask for easier time pool maintenance and upkeep wise. But this winter my cover came off. We have crazy wind here (if it ain’t tied down you won’t have it tomorrow kind of wind). Needless to say spring time open had tons of small twigs, leaves, pollen, algae, water bugs just having a good ol’ time. Done 3/4 drain and replace. Vacuumed brushed vacuumed brushed etc.. got all my levels to TFP standard started doing the slam. Been going strong for 7 days now!!

New join to the TFP family. Been reading forum for 2 years now when I bought my first pool. 24’ above ground pool. Has been great first 2 years. Couldn’t ask for easier time pool maintenance and upkeep wise. But this winter my cover came off. We have crazy wind here (if it ain’t tied down you won’t have it tomorrow kind of wind). Needless to say spring time open had tons of small twigs, leaves, pollen, algae, water bugs just having a good ol’ time. Done 3/4 drain and replace. Vacuumed brushed vacuumed brushed etc.. got all my levels to TFP standard started doing the slam. Been going strong for 7 days now!!
Welcome to TFP - formally!!!! Now that you are a member.
If you need help with the SLAM - please post a full set of test results so we can see where you are.

First week open was spent skimming water draining and filling. Brushing getting pump ready. Then getting all levels where they needed to be.

Then vacuum brush filter vacuum brush filter. Vacuuming to waste so had to put water back in everyday. Checked levels every other day to keep them where needed.

Started slam process after getting all I could skimmed and vacuumed to waste final water too off.

Been slamming for 8 days now. Water is very blue, but very cloudy. Went from black/dark green to light green to teal to blue a day at a time color change. No visibility what so ever during first few days of color changing. Once it was blue color next couple days clarity was getting better.

I’m slowly but surly getting there. Little progress each day but still progress. I can now just see the vacuum on floor not clear but can see it. I can see my feet when I get in to do brushing. Filter been running 24/7 backwashing daily keeping FC levels 16+ CYA is at 40.

Only thing is last couple days not noticing change in clarity. Initial first 2 days not counted in my 8 now I wasn’t able to keep chlorine levels high enough often enough. So I didn’t count those 2 days of SLAM CC levels was eating my chlorine so fast. Levels have been good now for 8 days.

Today test
FC 17
CC .5 was 0 but brushed today and checked it and it went up to .5 10ml test
PH when started 7.2
CYA 40

Been setting pool math to slam level 20 to account for CC using it and normal loss just to make sure levels don’t dip below 16 any. I feel like I’m doing everything right just a slow go.

Been setting pool math to slam level 20 to account for CC using it
There’s no reason to go to 20. Staying at 16 is what the table says. FC doesn’t “consume” CC. CC is created when FC reacts with nitrogen containing chemicals (such as human waste, ammonia, etc), creating chloramines.

Reactions: HermanTX
Oh ok I thought because I still had something taking my chlorine aka something adding to CC’s that, that amount was used up after addition. The CC’s thing is new to me never had issues before this year and the dump of winter cover gunk!! Always just easy add what was needed to maintain and relax in the pool.

Reactions: dBsooner

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support