Ok.............can't figure this one out

SO..........................i replaced my original pool brush with the WHALE brush (LOVE IT BTW)...................however, my CYA (CLOUDINESS) seems to rise (COMES ON STRONG) since i've been using it.............any ideas? tested CYA about an hour and half ago and it was at 45 after i drained water over the weekend............cloudiness is BACK???????????????? Second year of pool ownership and have NEVER had this problem..................

Please present your current test results as:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Without this level of detail it’s a bit of a guessing game.

High levels of accumulated phosphate and bromine and imbalanced stabilizers such as a cyanuric acid (CYA) might also cause cloudiness. If you are using cyanuric acidoften, make sure that the CYA and free chlorine levels are balanced, since excess CYA will significantly reduce free chlorine.Nov 13, 2017

dengarden.com

- - - Updated - - -

could it be anything tied to improper brushing with the old brush? i'm guilty of not brushing as often as i think i should have.........relied on my dolphin to do most of it

Just about everything in that quote is wrong or misleading. CYA doesn't cause cloudiness. High phosphates do not cause cloudy water. High bromine levels in a bromine pool would not cause cloudy water. High CYA does not reduce free chlorine, it causes the free chlorine to be less effective but does not affect the actual FC level.

Looking up some of Barack James' articles, I would not be getting pool advice from him. He clearly knows a lot but appears to not understand a lot of what he knows or is trying to simplify it and failing.

ok...........so i know i went overkill with my chlorine a bit 10%..............

just know that the pool was CLEAR prior to adding bleach AND brushing afterwards
FC-17.5 (just knew nothing would happen as i was down to 1 prior to adding so i tried to pick it up a bit HIGHER than the NORM REAL QUICK)
CC-.5
CH-525
TA-120
ph-8.5 (added 25 oz of MA to bring to 7.5 according to pool math) doesn't seem to have gone anywhere............
CYA- it was 40-50 this afternoon BEFORE BRUSHING (seems to be 60-70 inside a BRIGHT washroom inside the house-best i can do right now)

ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

thought i'd "shock" anything wanting to come on when i added bleach

- - - Updated - - -

i know CH is high, but water source has been the same for 2 years

- - - Updated - - -

MA was added this afternoon bout 2 hours ago

The cloudiness is probably calcium carbonate.

You’re at very high risk for scaling. You should keep the pH at 7.2 until the TA gets down to about 60.

Is the pool painted?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, you’re going to have a challenge with scaling if you don’t watch your CSI. Use the PoolMath page to calculate the CSI and keep the CSI to -0.3 to 0.0.

Right now, you’re going to have to keep the pH down to 7.2 or your pool is going to scale out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.