Oh No... cover fell in...

Corrik

May 23, 2016
Pittsburgh/PA
Pool was crystal clear under the cover. Top of cover had some nasty stuff on top. Told my partner to slowly walk forward with me on the cover. They dropped their end in. Boo. Whole pool is green now. Have begun to slam. I was so close to having a perfect pool at start up! So close!

Should I buy a pump to pump the water off next time? I figured if we just did it properly all the water would have spilled over the edge.

I have a problem getting my permeable woven cover off the pool. Also covered in dirt, leaves, deer scat, anything that blew in or fell from the sky and I am unable to get the cover off without dumping all into the pool! Does anybody have a trick, technique or prayer to use for success? With the cover sitting on the water it sinks down because it is woven and the water is supposed to pass through it, but pulling it off, the water does not seep through it but holds it; a very large amount of water, possibly a 1000 pounds. I am using a large particle pump but I think I will have to drain most of the water out of the pool because the water keeps seeping in! A chicken and fox situation. We have tried to fold back the cover as far as possible, then the edges start to slide into the pool at the other end. We went very slow, hoping the water would drain, a very little did, very slowly, probably would take a couple of days with sustained pull to get it off!

Pool was crystal clear under the cover. Top of cover had some nasty stuff on top. Told my partner to slowly walk forward with me on the cover. They dropped their end in. Boo. Whole pool is green now. Have begun to slam. I was so close to having a perfect pool at start up! So close!

Should I buy a pump to pump the water off next time? I figured if we just did it properly all the water would have spilled over the edge.

Been there....when I used to use the old solid pool covers and water tubes, the one season we were trying to bail water off the cover unsuccessfully - finally realized there was a huge hole in it. Needless to say, the swamp on top of the cover wound up in the pool. As I recall, took forever to get the pool water cleaned up that year - worst ever though I think this summer may have that one beat as alluded to in another thread.

Regarding a cover pump, I can't recommend it highly enough. I don't need one for my safety cover which stretches tight right across the surface of the pool, but I do use it to drain the water level down often during the winter so the skimmer stays as empty as I can keep it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.