Official 2017 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Re: Official 2017 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

68fae7d5929469499f13f7ab398c6eb4-1.jpg
l

No where near exciting as others but nothing like a brat for dinner.

Hog and venison sausage was Sunday lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks pretty exciting to me! Does not get much better than charcoal, and you just made me extremely hungry.[emoji106]

Grilled some pork cubed steaks (clearance rack at Kroger) last night. I tried marinating them and they basically turned to free form sausage...well, I grilled the free form sausage "steaks" with the help of foil. UGLY, so no pictures.

Oh well...

Sauteed onions & asparagus turned out rather nicely so I covered the eye-offending pork "sausage" with the asparagus.

Teenager & Pre-teenager didn't complain and asked for seconds of the "sausage".

I smoked a 3+lb hunk of beef shoulder in red wine, port with garlic, onion, rosemary, thyme, the usual stuff. Then I shredded it and put it in some beef stroganoff. MAGIC GOODNESS! I do mine simply most of the time, just add cream of mushroom soup, cream and a little beef broth.

This is why Primo XL is the bomb.org! 4 lb meatloaf and 3 lb beef shoulder all at once!

IMG_20170328_141924.jpg

And some mashed taters, half sweet, half russet

IMG_20170328_141042.jpg

And some Brussels, apples, bacon and sausage

IMG_20170328_152332.jpg

It is still too cold to swim in our brand new pool, but it is not too cold to crank up our good old smoker right next to it! Baby back ribs, Collard Greens, Homemade Mac & Cheese, and Beer (of course!)!

Smoking
cc58b8ba2e1026f1e410cb116a9158e6-1.jpg

Final Saucing
dcaf30e6e9dbeb65c3126a58611d2e6b-1.jpg

Ready for eating!
05d863fb7fe046cf2fe65402d3d7b75b-1.jpg

Ohhhhhhh....I'm sooooooo hungry.....and no jerky anywhere [emoji22]

Ohhhhhhh....I'm sooooooo hungry.....and no jerky anywhere [emoji22]

Did you eat all the jerky? You need to figure a supply and demand cooking schedule!

Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm! A little jealous right now!

Hey Bigfoot, no need to be jealous you're in the water and I'm not! [emoji23][emoji23]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Did you eat all the jerky? You need to figure a supply and demand cooking schedule!

That last batch lasted less than a week. Almost 1-1/2lbs of jerky (3lbs fresh meat) consumed. I'd be marinating meat 24/7 to keep up with demand. I want to try some pork jerky next.

Mmhhmm, recipe is back a few pages.

Yep, we are swimmin! Got pretty lucky this year on that! :thumleft:

Rotisserie Chicken

So it's been a while since I posted. I decided to do a 5.4lbs whole chicken on the gas grille rotisserie. I decided to brine the chicken for 24hrs in a mixture of 2 cups Kikkoman Teriyaki marinade and 8oz pineapple juice. I then got some Robert Rothschild Roasted Pineapple & Habanero finishing sauce from Costco. Here's the setup -

1f0de485e3ac87930ebf55e73a7678d6-1.jpg

After 90 mins on the rotisserie, here it is quartered -

246f921ea45cf5ee16eeaccdbb6820cd-1.jpg

And on the plate with some steamed and buttered broccoli and some Texas Toast (aka, garlic bread...what's up with those Texans stealing everyone else's inventions???) -

3432c064957155d9548100fe33655649-1.jpg

YUM!!

PS - there's a new jerky batch in the works. And this time there's going to be a "special edition" jerky that I'm dedicating to Danny - it's called "The Big Foot" batch! Look for the post soon ....

Ohhh baby.

I worked on a new recipe today. Beef shoulder cooked in red wine and port with rosemary, thyme, basil, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Covered at 350 until tender. The shredded like pulled pork. In a large skillet I put cream of mushroom soup and cream and very thinly sliced potatoes cooked until the taters were tender then added the shredded beef and a little more cream to thin it a bit. Pretty good. I need to take the juice, wine and pan drippings, reduce it and add it to make it richer.

KABOOM!

2 lbs of eye round marinating in the original jerky recipe....but what is that other two pounds of meat?!?!? It's like a Big Foot sighting, you just don't know what it is you're looking at.....

IMG_4626.jpg

....but I promise, it's going to be EPIC!!

(see ya' in 3 days....)

Ohhh baby.

I worked on a new recipe today. Beef shoulder cooked in red wine and port with rosemary, thyme, basil, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Covered at 350 until tender. The shredded like pulled pork....

Dry it and you have machaca. Rehydrate to make tacos, burritos, etc....

The three trays on the bottom are the Big Foot special dedicated to Danny's swollen foot....

ca53b29dcdd10ec144898b5e76a58f2f-1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.