O/B Woodland Hills, CA

More tile pics:

Spa seat is done along with the trim tile:
IMG_5186_zpsdcyixufo-1.jpg

Overflow from the spa is done and grouted:
IMG_5191_zpsovaq8hkh-1.jpg

Wider angle:
IMG_5192_zpsymet0otp-1.jpg

The idea here ^ was to carry the depth of the baja deck around the perimeter of pool, so I have 11 inches of waterline tile around the pool and 8 inches in the spa. I did not use the trim tiles on the discharge side of the spillway - we used the 1x2's and let them hang over about a 1/2 inch to get some noise out of the water instead of following the bullnose. We will see if is does anything. Grout is Laticrete "Sauterne", which is one step below "bright white". Glass tile is AIM (artistry in mosaics) 1x2 and 1x1 with the matching trim tiles. They will be grouting the coping with Laticrete "marble beige" just to fill in the joints and big voids in the travertine. The steps and benches have the 1x2 tiles at the edge to delineate.

Glass tile is not for the weak at heart. Not only is it expensive to purchase, but it requires much more care to install (waterproofing and special thinsets). I love the look, but the cost was a little shocking - but we are pretty happy.

Pre plaster inspection is next week - the the mini pebble!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Updates:
Night shot with the three jandy 20w color LED's in the pool and one in the spa:

IMG_6332_zpsgarwjss0-1.jpg

I installed my outdoor shower:
IMG_6607_zps28poelsr-1.jpg

Installed my firetable:
IMG_6641_zpsey2lxe1c-1.jpg

IMG_6608_zpsseeoqjez-1.jpg

IMG_6627_zpse7q0jiyz-1.jpg

All the patio furniture is on order, hope it is here by Labor day!

Im calling for Final Inspection next week!!!! :snorkle: :bounce: :goodjob: :party:

Look at that!!! It looks like a party on your Baja step! Really love the fire table too. I like that you have lots of lights in the pool too. I can't stand to not have the pool lights on at night now because it's so dark without the extra help the pool lights give. The more the better!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.