Numbers perfect, SLAMing for Days, still not clear:(

All flocculants actually include the warning to NOT allow them to enter the (any) filter system. They must be vacuumed to waste.

A "simple" clarifier would be an alternate option, BUT if the filter is not operating at optimum performance or is undersized, then the clarifier would only be a "band-aid" on a much bigger issue.

Interesting! If the issue is an under performing and/or undersized filter and a "Simple" clarifier solved the issue at hand, one would then have to run some economics on the increased operating cost of an under performing filter vs purchasing a new one. Or if you have the money you could just upgrade the filter.

If I knew my filter wasn’t performing or was undersized, that’s what I would tackle.

If I knew my filter wasn’t performing or was undersized, that’s what I would tackle.

Interesting! If the issue is an under performing and/or undersized filter and a "Simple" clarifier solved the issue at hand, one would then have to run some economics on the increased operating cost of an under performing filter vs purchasing a new one. Or if you have the money you could just upgrade the filter.

I don't want to derail OP's thread, lol... But ;) The clarifier would only work (read, "instant gratification", which I like! heehee) IF the filter was performing, otherwise, it would be one more thing the FC would have to breakdown (and prolong/delay the whole process).

After a little more research I discovered that we did not need the largest Hayward Perflex DE filter and were able to comfortably go with the 50 series. It arrived today and we will be tackling and install tomorrow afternoon once the base arrives. Any Hayward Perflex 50 guidance out there is greatly appreciated! I want clear water!!!

Just get the DE in quickly after the pump primes. Keep a close eye on the pressure gauge, it'll probably rise quickly until the pool starts to clear. You may have to clean & recharge the filter a couple times so the pressure doesn't get too high. Take a new 'before' picture & another after a few hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.