NPT Quartzscapes or MiniPebbleTec?

lmurphy93314

Apr 6, 2022
Need help deciding between these 2 finishes for our new pool build! Our PB has been pushing MiniPebbleTec, but we had been leaning towards a Quartz finish. We've not been super happy with the PB, and answers from friends were mixed. Regular pebble tec tears up my feet, hence the reason the PB is pushing MiniPebbleTec. I love the look of that finish, but hear that MiniPebbleTec won't be much better.
I am also concerned with the blotchy look of Quartz that most people complain about. None of the subcontractors have done an excellent job and I fear the Quartz will turn out very blotchy as a result. I love swimming and expect to spend 2 hours in the pool daily from May 1 thru September 30 (we live in hot central CA). I am concerned that if we go with the MiniPT, my feet will tear up, and I would be so unhappy. The PB is charging us the same for either finish, so that doesn't matter. Which finish truly is easier on the feet?

Murphy,

Are you going to be walking in the pool for 2 hours a day or swimming?

Mini-pebble is much smoother than regular-pebble, but Mini-pebble is not as smooth as quartz.

I don't find it rough on my feet at all, and I find it to be a much more bullet proof finish.

After seeing the quartz finishes here on TFP, I'm sticking with min-pebble. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Cena_sea
I think mini pebble is just as rough as regular but that's all personal opinion. If you know you don't like it then don't let them talk you into it. You're the one who has to live with it. What about micro pebble? We have Stonescapes micro and love it. It's way more smooth than mini. I feel like we got the smoothness of quartz (almost), which we were going to get, with the durability of pebble.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.