CC: 0
CYA: 45
PH: 7.8
TA: 100
Hardness: 125
Above ground pool, ~6900 gallons
14 inch Intex Sand Filter
I used a TF-100 test kit

My pool is green and has some sandy-like yellow debris at the bottom (I believe to be mustard algae). I have read the SLAM process and have been maintaining a shock level, vaccuuming, brushing, and backwashing the filter multiple times a day. I have run the filter nonstop for 4 days. See picture of water. How can my pool be green still?! I am a new pool owner and this is my first time the pool has turned green and I can't get it clear. Please help! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2199.jpg
    IMG_2199.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 13
FC: 12
CC: 0
CYA: 45
PH: 7.8
TA: 100
Hardness: 125
Above ground pool, ~6900 gallons
14 inch Intex Sand Filter
I used a TF-100 test kit

My pool is green and has some sandy-like yellow debris at the bottom (I believe to be mustard algae). I have read the SLAM process and have been maintaining a shock level, vaccuuming, brushing, and backwashing the filter multiple times a day. I have run the filter nonstop for 4 days. See picture of water. How can my pool be green still?! I am a new pool owner and this is my first time the pool has turned green and I can't get it clear. Please help! Thanks!
The SLAM level of chlorine for your pool at 50CYA (it’s either 40 or 50) is 20ppm chlorine. It may be taking much longer because you don’t have enough chlorine in the water. How closely are you following the SLAM process?

The SLAM level of chlorine for your pool at 50CYA (it’s either 40 or 50) is 20ppm chlorine. It may be taking much longer because you don’t have enough chlorine in the water. How closely are you following the SLAM process?
Looks like not closely enough. I will up the chlorine since my CYA is high. I used the TF100 kit for the CYA and it doesn't seem very exact haha but is probably 50 like you said. Thank you! More chlorine incoming.

Looks like not closely enough. I will up the chlorine since my CYA is high. I used the TF100 kit for the CYA and it doesn't seem very exact haha but is probably 50 like you said. Thank you! More chlorine incoming.
The CYA test only measures in “decades”. It is a little subjective, but save yourself some effort by just filling the tube to each decade line and checking for the dot. If it’s still visible fill it up to the next line and check again. When you don’t see the dot, you’re done.

Looks like not closely enough. I will up the chlorine since my CYA is high
I think you are at least being honest, and you are not really following the SLAM methods. If you really want to SLAM you should maintain SLAM chorine level, as much as possible, to make it work. These SLAM processes were developed, knowing the levels needed, and the more you stick with it, the faster the results will be. Your chlorine level of 12 may be working somewhat, but isn't at SLAM and great to see you are gonna get it there to wipe out that green.

Reactions: Bperry
Its a small pool and really green. I would drain half and start the SLAM on the half that remains while starting to fill it again. It will go faster and I bet the water is going to be cheaper than the chlorine.

Reactions: jsygrls
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.