Northern California Build

Shaf77 - costs very widely based on region, size of pool, type of pool, materials used, amenities, etc. I'd suggest putting together a list of your must haves and nice to haves and having 3-5 bids submitted.

CLRFXR - PB said that gunite crew would come take a look which of course didn't happen. Not too worried about them as they are all 1/8 inch or less and have not expanded from the 2nd day after the gunite was poured. Regardless, I'll have PB owner have a look before plaster is poured.

WOW!! :goodjob: The Oceanside Tessera blend is STUNNING!! Those colors blew me away. I have the Oceanside Coppertone blend, and love it. Yes...it looks different depending on the light...and when the setting sun hits it, I'm in love all over again every time I see it. When you're sitting in the spa at night with the light on, it looks like semi-precious jewels and gold. Too luxurious! Congrats on your choices....just a beautiful look. You'll NEVER get tired of looking at it! :whoot:

Thanks everybody! We are really enjoying the pool as well even though it's not done yet! My wife did an awesome job of picking out the glass tile. I'm a rock/stone/travertine kind of guy but the glass is growing on me.

Equipment was installed today. Just have to pass inspection and we should get plaster on Monday.

DSC_0210_03.JPG

I was wondering who is building your pool. We are getting estimates now and I live near you. I would like to get them to give us a bid also. Thanks. I live in Shingle Springs.

Nick

As a pool guy - I'll tell you I'm not a fan if IFC systems... but I'll be your PB anyway... I LOVE THE LAYOUT OF YOUR PAD! Too many installers try to get all that equipment in as little space as possible. They're heck to work on (you need to be a contortionist). So I'll suffer the IFC just so I could look at that pad every week ;)

- Jeff

IFC - In-floor cleaning systems...

I've been reading about pools for probably 6 months now on this forum and gardenweb and have never heard of IFC. So of course I have to ask what IFC is?

Hope you still like the pad after you see the wall we built around it on 3 sides. :lol:

Plaster was done today. :whoot: We chose Wet Edge Primera black kona. Tomorrow they will come back and grind/polish it smooth. I'm told it will be very noisy and will probably take all day. My neighbors are going to love that but at least it's the last step!!!

Was 102 today and will be about the same tomorrow. I ran out of Gatorade for the crews so I'll be off to Costco first thing in the morning to stock up.

Here are some pictures from today. Notice that you can't see any of the pebbles yet. Those won't show up until it's ground tomorrow.

DSC_0249_03.JPG

DSC_0251_03.JPG

DSC_0252_03.JPG

DSC_0253_03.JPG

DSC_0254_03.JPG

DSC_0256_03.JPG

DSC_0257_03.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool is filled! Kinda green at the moment since there are no chemicals in the water yet but otherwise it's awesome! I went for a short swim and the world just kind of melted away. How does it do that?

Anyway, here are some photos. I'll post a few more after the water clears up.

DSC_0282_02.JPG

DSC_0284_02.JPG

DSC_0285_02.JPG

DSC_0293_02.JPG

DSC_0287_02.JPG

Shane1 - It's Wet Edge Primera black kona. Wet Edge's Primera is a pebble based product but it is ground down absolutely smooth with a diamond blade. My wife did not like pebble tec in any form - too rough. We also added some abalone.

rebl68 - Thanks for your concern for my beer. It was still cold and gone within minutes after that picture. :-D

Heckpools - There are unions on the filter. You can see them on the picture below. Not sure why he didn't put them on the pumps. He told me that he didn't like to use them earlier but I think I misunderstood him as obviously he used them on the filter and heater.

DSC_0212_03.JPG

Great looking pool. I love the design and the colors. You are going to love the in-floor system. Just make sure that the orifice sizes in all of the heads are what was designed in the plan. We have a Paramount PCC-2000 in floor system and it keeps our pool really clean and we have a lot more trees around our pool than you do. I love not having to mess with a polaris.

Thanks for the compliments everybody! :goodjob:

I'm really happy with the pool but I just look at the surrounding landscaping and ugh... it's going to take awhile to pull the whole backyard together. The weathered fence could use some attention too. Paint would seem to be the best solution. Any suggestions?

The beautiful landscaped yards I have seen on this site give me lots of inspiration though!

We did go for our first swim yesterday and it was fantastic! We are definitely going to enjoy the rest of the summer. :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.