Northeast Ohio AG Pool Install/Build

A few new photos on the pool build, which has stopped for a little while to deal with other things in life. (As if anything else was more important!! LOL)

The "plumbing" is all temporary and using what I have on hand in order to get the pool up and open.

IMG_6421.jpg

Quiet a mess, hey?? I want to change things around and work on getting things set in place for the short term and then in August pour a concrete pad for everything. For now it's a pain to deal with any issues where I have to disconnect hoses at the pool and them arrange them so I don't accidentally drain the pool. First order of business was a couple of valves on the skimmer and return so I can close them and disconnect everything if I need to.

IMG_6428.jpg

IMG_6430.jpg

They are not the expensive kind, but I lubed them on the inside and will open and close them every couple of weeks or so and see how it goes. If they do freeze up down the road and refuse to turn, I can replace them easy enough.

Quick shot of the water to let you know that the TFP method :testkit: is working well and the water is crystal clear!! :party:

IMG_6438.jpg

IMG_6440.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow Paul. lol you need to get that cleaned up! :mrgreen:

Yes ma'am. Working on it!

Good to shake things down, now it's time for PVC!

Water's looking good so far! Hope mine looks as nice when I drop the liner and finally begin filling tomorrow! Just in time for the return of the hot weather next week, right?

PVC planning in the works!

Overachiever.

It looks fabulous! I'm jealous of your heater. :mrgreen:

LOL! You want to see overachieving, go read Augie56's build post!! That's a wonderful job!! :goodjob:

I'm hoping the heater helps and doesn't run up the gas bills too high!

Since I have such a hose mess to clean up, I started on installing hard plumbing. First I needed a platform for the pump and SWG. I was inspired by Augie56 and decided to build a wooden one. It does not come close to his work, but it will do just fine!

IMG_6459.jpg

A combination of new and used wood for a different look. (Plus reusing the wood, which is just fine.) 4 x 4 bottom rails and 2 x 6 slates. Thing weights a ton to move and it ain't going anywhere! Lol

One hose eliminated and will work on the others tomorrow.

IMG_6461.jpg

Got a small leak now between the pump and filter that I didn't have before. I'll have to see if it stops by it's self or if I have to tighten things.

Nice!

Is that a union that I see by the filter? If not you are going to want to add one somewhere so you can service the filter.

That is the one thing my pool installer did not put in. My husband was able to add them for me.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.