North Texas pool people

We are a month behind on our re-plaster project. Stone work and tile went smooth, then the rain hit. This has just been a terrible year for this kind of work.

Most of the PBs workers aren't getting paid when they aren't working. I try to keep that in mind when I get frustrated. I bet they are more frustrated not working 4 of 6 weeks in the busy season. Not saying you shouldn't be bothered by it, I am as well. The other side of it is that even if your pool was open, you wouldn't be swimming on the nasty weather days anyway.

Good luck!

Well this morning isn't helping move things along. Thinking of canceling the pool and doing it next year

I felt so bad when I saw your post. I've felt the same way, often. In fact, after I read your post, I wasn't sure what to say to make you feel better. I'd like to say your pool will be finished in no time once the dig takes place, but we all know better than to jinx that.

And it could be you have other things going on that makes waiting a good choice. The one thing I've heard from many people is that prices go up, and sometimes substantially, at the beginning of a new year. If you're serious about waiting, you still have time to cancel or postpone. Once you have the dig and especially the gunite, you're stuck. That's where many of us are now. I do know when looking ahead at 'time'. it seems like forever. But when looking back at the passing of time, it's a flash. I keep telling myself that.

Get busy doing something non-pool related to get your mind off of it. And then, you know what will happen..... your PB will call and say a crew is coming the next day. Or.... you'll just wake up to crews in your yard.

Take care! Suz.

I'm exactly one year behind you but I just experienced this.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I think the majority of these disappointments come from PBs selling too hard and failing to meet expectations. My PB said it will take 3 months from if we signed when we were negotiating, however, he clearly has it 2.5 - 3 months when they break ground. I signed my contract May 23rd. It worked out well with the weather being so rainy in May, however, my city (Little Elm) is so SLOW with permits. I am hoping we get the OK to dig end of June and they wrap things up by mid August.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.