Mar 14, 2016
Houston texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello fellow TFP’ers.

I’m sure I’m not alone, but Holy Moly the price of acid is insanity right now. My usual place (Texsun) used to have a sale once a month, and I’d pick up a case of 4 gal for around 28-30 bucks. I just phoned them and they said no more sales and it’s now 40! Anyone in the North Houston area know where’s best price for acid?

Everyone blames covid for the prices on everything these days, Sigh.

$7.50 to $10/gallon isn’t that bad a price.

That is the cost for running your spillover continuously.

Hello fellow TFP’ers.

I’m sure I’m not alone, but Holy Moly the price of acid is insanity right now. My usual place (Texsun) used to have a sale once a month, and I’d pick up a case of 4 gal for around 28-30 bucks. I just phoned them and they said no more sales and it’s now 40! Anyone in the North Houston area know where’s best price for acid?

Have you tried Pinch a Penny or Leslie's? I bought some acid from Pinch A Penny but it was a month ago and I have not had the need to go back yet. I also know that Tractor Supply carries MA.

Isn't that the diluted stuff? It was $13 not that long ago.

I got 4 gallons from Leslie's on sale a month ago for $30 and now it's $27 for 2 gallons (regular price). Inflation is real!!
It's full strength 31.45%

It was $13, but the price recently jumped to $18.

Reactions: brimorga

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's full strength 31.45%

It was $13, but the price recently jumped to $18.
Lucky you! I have to drive 25 miles for a homedepot with the full strength product! All the ones around me, as well as Lowe's, only sell half strength for that price. With a new pebble build, I'm going through MA like crazy cause the pH gets back up above 8.2 after a few days.

Hello fellow TFP’ers.

Sadly yes, prices are going up and 30 bucks for 4 gallons is not that bad. It is not because of covid per se although covid and the constant struggle in the general supply chain have affected all prices so far, it has to do more with oil. As I understand, in fracking muriatic acid it's one of the main chemicals they use, although supply of this acid hasn't changed, its demand has. So more demand more increase in its price. These past months the price of oil is getting better which in turns creates more demand for fracking and you guessed it more demand for muriatic acid.

These days I normally see it at $11-12.50 a gallon, so I'd say you're golden

I bet with all this energy crisis Fracturing is gonna be or is at all time high
Incorrect. Availability of crews and primarily tubular goods (tubing, casing) has prevented much of a ramp up of activity. It may eventually ramp up, but many companies are very wary of committing to large capital projects with the political uncertainty at this time.

Reactions: HermanTX
I needed a robot, so bought from Leslie's for the store warranty repairs and got a heafty store credit perk, enough perk to satisfy my pool's acid habit for a good while. So, truthfully, I haven't realized acid price to date.

I buy one gallon at a time from Pinch a Penny. I dont use alot but I dont remember it being super expensive. They will sell you one gallon where Leslies wants you to buy a case at a time. I only use a few oz every 1-2 weeks.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.