noob w/ a contract on a house with pool

Ok so I should not be allowed around pools!

My readings are:
FC = 39
CC = .5
TA = 100
CYA = 21-28ish

Will the sides just get clean or do they require scrubbing?

51fcfb4a.jpg

And should I be worried about these rust stain looking places?

b17e1b53.jpg

Have you tested for Calcium? TA is on the high end of o.k. so its not anything to worry about unless your CH is really high. Did anyone determine what the stains are? If the plaster is very rough and the stains on the walls are from scale, then you will need to treat for scale.
If the stains are organic then the chlorine will take care of them over time. In any case, it is always a good idea to brush your pool regularly.

I didn't even think about the calcium. I can't test again until Saturday bc I'm going to be in chicago. :(

My friend is going to brush it twice a day and watch the pressure and backwash as needed.

I still have no idea what the stains are?

I think the sides of the pool looks organic like algae or something. Do I need to do anything to bring the chlorine down or will the sun take care of it?

Tha is for all the help so far!! I'll update when I get back! :)

It will fall naturally on its own. You can test the stains by rubbing it with a trichlor puck. If the stain fades then it is organic and FC will take care of it over time. If it does not fade try rubbing it with some vitamin c tablets. If that causes it to fade then you need to check the water for metals (copper) and treat with asorbic acid if needed.

thanks I will try that.

I also came home to a broken booster pump. when i turned it on it looked like it wanted to turn but was binding on something so I took it apart and this is what I found. With this thing out it runs fine...but has really loud scraping noise. Is there a way to fix this part?

4e954c7d.jpg

pump:

f9416e90.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.