Noob from NW Indiana... I'm green to pool care (just like the color of my water)

Hey everyone. I'm Mike and I'm the proud owner of a new (to me) home that came with a chore... a beautiful 24' above ground pool. While I have limited experience with pools I was dreading having a house with a pool again. The pool is run by an Intex SF20110 filter combo that sounds pretty bad. I'm not sure if the impeller is bad or something else is going on, but the thing is pretty loud. Also the stupid on/off switch is finicky and I hate it.

We moved in last July and the pool was clear and the levels were pretty easy to stay on top of. Closing went down without a fight but opening kicked my butt. I've finally got everything up and going and before I could even work on the levels the stupid switch on the pump motor finally gave out. As far as I can tell the switch isn't available separate from Intex as they only offer the whole housing and motor as an assembly.

Soooo I'm looking at the 28651EG as a replacement... I can get the whole shooting match frm MV Innovations via Amazon for about the same money as the replacement parts from Intex. I just need to decide quickly as I have a wife who wants to swim.

Thanks for listening. :)

I just bit the bullet and ordered up a 28651EG filter combo from Amazon. Signed up for Amazon Prime and it will be delivered Sunday for free. Gonna miss a couple of warm days but hopefully I'll be able to keep the water from turning... I'm reading a ton and have learned alot in my short time here.