No water pressure

Poolidiot

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Texas
This problem is new to me. I have had a pool for almost 20 years and never had to happen. I have lost water pressure. What I have done is:
1. Make sure skimmer basket and pump motor baskets are clear. They are both clear and clean.
2. Checked pump to make sure propellers are not clogged. Propeller is clean and clear.
3. Make sure all hoses are clear. Hoses are clear, not blockage.
4. Checked all connections with soap water to make sure there are no air leaks. No air leaks.
5. Took 7 position valve off of sand filter to make sure there was no cracks, breaks or obstructions. All was good.
Water coming out port in the pool is like a SLOW moving creek (barely coming out). If I put it to backwash, rinse, waste it barely comes out and spits and sputters. When I had the 7 position valve off I turned the pump on to see how well the water left the pump, it shot out. Any advice recommendations? FYI, pool, filter, pump is 2 months old. (in fact pool place gave me a new pump yesterday to put on to see if it was a pump problem so pump is 24 hours old. I tried to attach a video showing how it comes out of backwash port but could not get it to load.

OK. Sounds like your issue most likely is on the suction side. Check that the weir door in the skimmer is not stuck, any valves between the skimmer and pump, etc.

"
Can you post a pic of your equipment pad?

Also, if you place the MPV on recirculate, water flows fine? "

Will have to take a picture of the equipment pad when I get home later today. One time I did the recirculate and it did fine, but now even that does not .

When did this issue start? Did it work fine when you installed the equipment and suddenly did not? What was done right before the flow reduced?

When I had the 7 position valve off I turned the pump on to see how well the water left the pump, it shot out.
This makes me wonder id the hoses aren't connected backwards. After a major re-do on the pad, it's easy to mix up.

Reactions: mknauss

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When did this issue start? Did it work fine when you installed the equipment and suddenly did not? What was done right before the flow reduced?
It started about a week ago. Up until then it worked fine (only thing is I thought it never had as much pressure as my old pool, but it filtered fine with clear sparkling water) now I have a green swamp

Latest update. Pool place i bought from is lost, he is suppose to come look Saturday. I just went out to the pool and put it in recirculate and NOTHING comes out.

I was going to post a short (6 second video showing how the water looks coming out on backwash, but I guess you can not post videos?

Study the suction hose. I have seen fuel hoses tear inside and grow a balloon that blocks flow. The inner liner separates from the woven mesh. The mesh stays intact, so no bulging.
Well when I took the handle off on the valve, I turned the pump on to see how well the water came from pump to valve and it get me soaked with the water coming out

Ok I think it is fixed. With everything pointing to suction side and with you guys all saying suction side I decided to go back out and re-examine the suction hose.So I
1. Took hose loose from skimmer and blew through the hose, of course I had a little resistance because water was still in the pump basket.
2. Took water out of basket and could blow through pretty good.
3. Took hose loose at the basket so hose was completely disconnected and could blow through it pretty good
4. Shook the hose real hard and long and nothing came out and there was nothing rattling
5. Put water hose in one end and water flowed through it
6. Then I sprayed the water hose through it and water came out other end but I was not satisfied how it was coming out
7. With water hose still turned on I pushed the water hose through the suction hose and low and behold below picture is what came out.
8. It was so wedged in there that it would not shake loose or rattle but hose could push it out

Working great right now. Now just have to get rid of the green swamp

Thanks for all the help

Attachments

• 20200813_194854.jpg
    20200813_194854.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 22
It looks a fountain head that goes on a floating solar operated fountain for the pool (or birdbath). I have one and it the little head looks just like it. Is that correct?

Also looks like a diaphragm for an irrigation valve. Maybe got sucked into skimmer? Great troubleshooting BTW!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.