No water coming through the pool jets

laci.wright

Mar 31, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
Hi there,

Phoenix, roughly 12K gallon, pebbletec, Pentair side suction vacuum, DE filter, variable speed pump, filter gauge says ~20 psi (don't know if all this is relevant, but covering all bases!)
A huge storm rolled through the other night and we woke up to a mess. Got everything cleaned up, but it still seemed like it wasn't running properly. We cleaned the filter last night and thought everything was good. Woke up this morning and there is no water coming out of the jets. There is water in the pump, but it doesn't look like it normally does. I see bubbles when I look in it. We have no idea what to do. I've called all almost every pool service that says they're open on Saturdays, but no luck (so far.) Is there anything we can do? I've turned the pump off because I'm afraid of burning out the pump.

Any input you have would be appreciated! Thank you!

Laci,

If the pump is running there has to be water movement.. Are you sure the pump is running at all?

Do you have a pool automation system , like an EasyTouch or ???

Please tell me what the pump's display shows...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Laci,

If the pump is running there has to be water movement.. Are you sure the pump is running at all?

Do you have a pool automation system , like an EasyTouch or ???

Please tell me what the pump's display shows...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim,
No automation. I turned the pump off after I realized there was no water returning to the pool through the jets. The display just said 3000 rpm. That's it.

I did find someone to come, so hopefully it'll get fixed today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.