No salt lights on IC40

gatorbrit

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 22, 2013
Raleigh,NC
I‘ve got a 3 or 4 year old IC 40. Cell light is green, flow light is green. My salt is good (about 3600 - tested by me). But neither of the salt lights are on. Very puzzling.

I don’t need the thing to tell me how my salt is - I can test it just fine, but I do need it to make chlorine! If the flow and cell lights are green - I am assuming that it is making chlorine? I am correct?

Of course, I could just wait a day or two and retest my CL levels and see if they went up...

Still puzzling as to why no lights.

That is odd. They may flash or be red. But no lights at all?

Typically if the Cell light is green, then the cell works. If it flashes, that means it has issues.

Cycle the power on the SWCG and see if the Salt lights flash on and off. That is the period the unit is measuring the salinity of the water.

When I started it up - the low salt flashed for a short while (which it often does as water flows) then it goes off. So it makes sense that the good salt light LED has burned out. I'll check the CL tomorrow. If its producing then I am ok with that.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.