NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
We had a huge thunder and lightning storm today and a few hours later I noticed the pool water not filtering...

I assume this is related to the storm. Checked the control board - no display but no circuits are tripped. The pool heater is getting power. The GFI outlets outdoor are working fine. Any thoughts?

IMG_1056.JPG

wyck,

Did you reset the all the circuit breakers at both the Aqua Plus as well as the pool breakers in the main panel? You'd want to do that even if they look ok.

If that doesn't work, then you need to use a voltmeter and check the AC input to the load center in the Aqua Plus.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: wyckoffpool
wyck,

Did you reset the all the circuit breakers at both the Aqua Plus as well as the pool breakers in the main panel? You'd want to do that even if they look ok.

If that doesn't work, then you need to use a voltmeter and check the AC input to the load center in the Aqua Plus.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim - this is sounding a bit complicated, pool company swung by today bc they were in the area and also couldn't figure it out - suggested an electrician.

If I need a new control board, where can I look so I don't have to pay a premium through the pool company?

Had an electrician come by and he verified the unit and all breakers are getting power... so it seems like I need a new PCB board. This electrician does not work on pools so if I couldn't ask him to replace it. I guess I have to call pool people.

I would like to try to purchase my own PCB board. How can I tell which model I have? The manual references ProLogic and AquaLogic but mine says Aqua Plus.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Had an electrician come by and he verified the unit and all breakers are getting power... so it seems like I need a new PCB board. This electrician does not work on pools so if I couldn't ask him to replace it. I guess I have to call pool people.
Before buying a PCB, someone needs to check the transformer output. Power in does not guarantee power out. Some transformers, like Jandy's, have a built-in one-and-done fuse. Hayward's could be the same.

I would like to try to purchase my own PCB board.
At this point, you have not done a proper diagnosis and spending $877.39 on a board is a big gamble when you have no reason to believe that the board is definitely bad.

It might be the transformer, rectifiers, input power, display, main board etc.

Haphazardly swapping out parts one at a time is a bad way to do business.

Reactions: 1poolman1
MY control board is not labeled, I'm not sure which of the block to test. there are four connections on each side

This looks different than in the Hayward manual. Can I get some clarification on which should be tested?

Attachments

• IMG_1065.jpg
    IMG_1065.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 15
This looks different than in the Hayward manual. Can I get some clarification on which should be tested?
Are you testing that socket? That's the SWG connection. It won't have power if the system isn't working. Is your filter-pump connected directly to a breaker as it should be? If so, the pump should have power if the breaker is showing power at its terminals. Still sounds like the transformer. Has that been checked for voltage out?

I think that they are indicating that there is no input power.

1690390407631-png.517203

Had an electrician come by and he verified the unit and all breakers are getting power

Based on recent reports, electricians in New Jersey do not seem to be all that good.

Maybe they are just sending out unqualified temp help.

Just because you call an electrician or HVAC company, it does not mean that the person who is sent out is actually licensed or qualified in any way even if the business is licensed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.