Gold Supporter
Aug 1, 2019
SW British Columbia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all. Here in Canada's Pacific Southwest, it's a short pool season at the best of times. Yes, we need to invest in a heating system.
It was my wife (she does most of the swimming while I do most of the maintaining) who decided it was pointless opening the pool this year. We had a long, cold, wet Spring, and had/have vacations for 10 days in June and 3 weeks up to mid-August. If that's not reason enough, the rooftop solar panels do little to heat the water after mid-August. So the winter cover will remain in place, a first for us.
My stupid question: given that we won't even be observing the water conditions, is there something we MUST do? I'm resigned to the idea of a major SLAM next Spring, when we'll hopefully have better weather.
Thanks!

I see a very large BTU gas heater in your future …

Not much to do. It will be a swamp next year but TFP has hot you covered. Maybe use the time to plan out how to stock up on liquid chlorine and test reagents.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.