No longer the pool girl...

If you still have your test kit, there's nothing to stop you from spot-checking the pool from time to time. The health department does it, you're just staying one step ahead of them. I'm sure there are people who check up on the gardeners to see that they aren't slacking, why not the pool crew? Maybe they don't want you grabbing a jug of acid for an instant correction, but you can certainly keep them on their toes.

I left my kit in Indiana. Committee members have run the tests with the one they have, taylor k2005, and it seems as though there is no issue with doing that periodically, especially if we start having water quality issues. I won't instruct or direct the guards to do anything without running it through the bosses. Too much liability there. We will, however, jointly form plans of action to address things we all discuss that need handled. So far, I don't foresee any major problems once the TA is brought down. The big plus in this situation is that we are all working together as a team rather than an us vs them kind of thing.

Edited to add: We also can look at their log book any time. I have much confidence that the guard staff is truly trained in how to run the tests and are doing so responsibly. They are all very open and welcoming to the committee.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.