No longer testing

Lskul60

May 29, 2019
Long Island
(Pool) Life is good

Pool has been open and operating for slightly over 2 months, and pool chemistry has been optimized for quite a while now.

My Nano pilot plus indicates 3100 ppm salt, midday temp of 86, and I operate at 40% usage.

Readings as of July 4 ( the last time I plan to test):

CYA 70
Alk 90
Ph 7.6
FC / TC 7-8
CH N/A

Pressure gauge at filter 18 PSI (which is my nominal), with strong water flow and nice skimmer action.

Zero signs of algae
Zero signs of metal staining
In fact I can’t find anything wrong to work on (kinda boring).

I get direct full sun for at least 10 hours a day and i have been maintaining nice FC. So I’ve decided that I no longer need to test. I want to see how long my internal strength can last. I’ve been addicted to testing in the past.

I owe a big thank you to this forum and all those in the TFP family

So life is in fact good

Cheers

Its still a good idea to test once a week until you close for the winter. As the weather changes the needs of the pool change as well.
Thank you for your kind words! I am glad you are enjoying your trouble free pool! If you are interested in being a TFP supporter there is a link in my signature. TFP is a non-profit, volunteer organization that doesn't sell any ad space on our site, so our supporters help us keep the lights on.

Its still a good idea to test once a week until you close for the winter. As the weather changes the needs of the pool change as well.
Thank you for your kind words! I am glad you are enjoying your trouble free pool! If you are interested in being a TFP supporter there is a link in my signature. TFP is a non-profit, volunteer organization that doesn't sell any ad space on our site, so our supporters help us keep the lights on.
Shhhhhhhh
Of course I’m going to continue testing
It’s in my (our) blood

I was just metaphorically displaying my enthusiasm

:oops:

I know exactly what you are talking about. I’ve been testing twice a day attempting to dial in my SWCG and now that I have it where I want it I have not tested in a week until today. I always have that “ isn’t there something I’m supposed to do” feeling.

The forum is great, can’t imagine my first season of pool ownership without the advice to me and others that I have read. Moved my MA outdoors not realizing that I was in danger, learned that socks are not just for feet, and hairnets aren’t just for the cafeteria workers. Thanks TFP’s!

Reactions: Lskul60 and Hootz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.