No lights on Goldline system

spthomas

Mar 24, 2014
Lewisville, TX
Hi, it's me again with my old Goldline swg.
I just repaired my cell and re-installed it 2 weeks ago. The repair appeared successful. I replaced the thermistor in the cell (Salt Pool Store had it sent from the mfr in Australia) and it now reads the temp correctly. But now, the whole system is not working.
There are no lights on the panel. When I restart the pool, the flashing "low flow" light appears as normal, and goes away after a minute or so. Then, the "chlorinating" green light comes on for about 10 seconds. Then nothing. No power on light, no generating, no cell error. The panel is dark. But the display does work. I checked power at the input terminals from the timer, and there is power there on both legs individually and across the 240v. Turning the unit on and off doesn nothing. I examined the boards inside, but see no evidence of burning or damage. I made sure all connections are tight to the board and the daughter board tight to the motherboard. I also unplugged and re-plugged the flow sensor (It's only a year old) and the cell. No difference.

Just to make sure it wasn't the cell I installed an old cell that I know appears to work just doesn't generate chlorine (I had it inline two weeks ago when I repaired the new cell). It behaves the same as the new cell. Here are the readings:
62P
AL - 0
r 1.32

The readings are the same with the unit turned on or turned off.

Don't go by the burn on the board, I replaced that thermistor about 3 years ago so the burn mark was there. But if that makes sense I can replace it. Te confusing part for me is the lights don't work and it's not generating but the display is still working.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The new board has a fuse on the board where the yellow and orange connect.

Your board is old and the fuse is behind the board.

Also, the transformer looks like is it getting hot with some evidence of overheating with brown spots on the transformer and wires.

1683306086280.png
1683305994747.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.