No free Chlorine

I'm still at it, poured (4) more bottles in it about 2 hours ago. the free chlorine had a another drop last night, dang Walmart is loving me! I've got more empty bottles than the bottle man. Thank you PoolMom for all yor help. I've tried a couple of tricks and will see if they work, will post later and fill everybody in. Thanks Again..

OK! I tested again today FC 4 , CC 1 , TC 5 , PH 7.5 , T/A 200 , CYA 45 , Water hurts your eyes, it so clear! I'll probably do a overnight chlorine test again this week. PoolMom, it's getting there. I tried a trick to hurry up the Stablizer. I put it inside two socks about 2lb and stuck the hose pipe in it and let it swivel all over the bottom of the pool, until it all dissolved which didn't take long. kinda hurried the process up since I was loosing chlorine because of low stablizer. About to get a trouble free pool I hope, but I do have one question! trying to figure out what to do about vacations? I have a vacation home in Myrtle Beach and go down there a good bit. a lot of long weekends, and noboby will want to come and add bleach everyday. What does everybody do when they leave their pools for extended vacations, add chlorine sticks or what?

Keep shocking! :) your CC is 1...

For extended vacations, you can use tablets in a floater if your CYA isn't too high. What I do is shock and cover it with the solar cover. I've gone up to 9 days without adding chlorine but YMMV, depending on the type of cover used. If you can't cover the shock and use a floater and then replace some water if the CYA level is too high.

GHOST said:
OK! I tested again today FC 4 , CC 1 , TC 5 , PH 7.5 , T/A 200 , CYA 45 , Water hurts your eyes, it so clear! ...but I do have one question...what to do about vacations - go to Myrtle Beach a lot of long weekends... What does everybody do when they leave their pools for extended vacations, add chlorine sticks or what?
I'm glad that it's clear! I don't know about your temperature but our water hit 80 this afternoon!

As far as vacations, we have a SWG so that would pretty much take care of it for weekends. Longer term I usually shock it good (bleach) and shut off the power to the pump. We've been gone for 7 days and it's been crystal clear... Granted there's junk in the water (leaves, branches, etc.) but we live in the woods anyway so that's going to happen.

Thanks for the reminder! I have to work on the SWG this weekend; time to clean the cell and add another 80-120lb of salt: college is out now, high school graduates in 2 weeks and the pool parties have already started! :rockon:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.