No Chlorine

Jun 2, 2014
LI, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Should I still be using the TF-100 kit for a SWG or do I need to get a new kit?

My husband went to the pool store (I know) to get salt and test before we tested ourselves and they told him to add 2 gallons of stabilizer but only sold him one. It was added about a week ago after 2 lbs of shock.

Current stats:
Cl 0
Ph 7.5
CH 250
TA 90
CYA 10

Do we need to SLAM or add more stabilizer?

(I'm as clueless with maintaining a pool as he is using a computer)

What does your water look like? Being at 0 FC, you should at least perform a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test and if you pass that and are clear, you should be OK. But never let your FC get below your recommend level per your CYA. Have your read this... ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry.

Sound like you make a good couple! Yes, the TF-100 is perfect for all pools. With a SWG you also need a K-1766 salt test. So long as you are crystal clear and you pass the OCLT, you need to increase CYA to 70 and keep FC around 5, but never less than 3. But only had half of the required CYA, then test and add the rest and re-test. If using liquid it should register after a much quicker period. Using granular CYA, you need wait at least 24-48 hours after it has dissolved to measure.

Also, w

Reactions: lyneday
The water is clear. It did take lots of scrubbing and about 2 weeks for the floor and walls to get clean after we opened (we have a mesh cover). I showed him the video for the OCLT and he laughed about waking up before the sun. Maybe I'll try to do it Fri/Sat. He feels the SWG is not working but I think we just didn't have the correct levels to begin with so it's not able to do its job.

• Haha
Reactions: bmoreswim
Yes, definitely add LIQUID chlorine.
The most reasonably priced you can find. The powder is cheaper, simply put it in an old sock and suspend in the water in front of a return/jet

How do I increase FC? Can I add bleach to a salt pool?
Any particular stabilizer I should get?
Yes. Bleach/liquid chlorine is fine. Raise your FC to 5 ppm.
Stabilizer, Conditioner, etc. You can normally get it at Walmart, Home Depot, etc. It will be dry granules. Use the Sock method to add to the pool. Do not pour it into the skimmer like the container says.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.