No chlorine from swg after installing Pentair Intelliflo VS

amati5

Sep 13, 2011
So Cal
Prior to the new vs pump My pool was running 7 hrs/day at 25% output (winter) from a full speed (3400rpm) and I got enough fc of 5ppm. Since installing the new vs pump my fc is consistent at zero. I’m running 1500rpm at 50% both pump and swg 9 hr/day. I read that that the rpm doesn’t matter as long as swg is on. I even added liquid chlorine to boost it. I figured with low rpm, chlorine doesn’t come out the return jet as fast but at least it’s more concentrated? What I am missing?

also, I tried to use the swg pump time calculator to figure out the best result but the the numbers don’t look right. Is this chart still valid? See pic.
I have Hayward tc940 which isn’t listed in the link but I used the tcell15’s daily chlorine production of 1.4. There are 3 ways to calculate what you want to see but it doesn’t seem to change accordingly. Is average 24 hr fc demand the same as the targeted fc? My salt pool at 70 cya needs 5 so I used 5 for the calculation.

9C2697A7-0787-40D0-86D1-6AD41277F37A.png

thx

Is 1500 rpm sufficient to close the flow switch on your SWCG? What does the control unit say?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.