No chlorine being generated and salt reading as zero

Bessemer

Bronze Supporter
Sep 3, 2023
USA - Georgia
AquaRite is reading 0.0 for salt. I test 3000 ppm with the Taylor sodium chloride test and the pool store tests 2900 ppm. The cell is a T15.

I installed an aftermarket board about two weeks ago (with the old board there was no power). After it was installed the temperature reading was stuck at 82F, but salt reading seemed close to correct. However a few days ago the salt reading went to zero and it seems no chlorine is being generated. As suggested in another thread I recorded the diagnostics with the switch at off, then at auto, then at off again:
  • Salt 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
  • Temperature 82, 82, 82
  • Voltage 30.8, 31.0, 31.1
  • Amperage 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
  • Percent 51P, 51P, 51P
  • Instant salt 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
  • Product AL0, AL0, AL0 (although it looks like PL0 because part of the display seems to be messed up)
  • Version r016, r016, r016
  • Cell t15, t15, t15
There are two more items displayed if the diagnostic button continues to be pressed: E000 and - - EE. Those appeared with the aftermarket replacement board.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Get a genuine Hayward Aquarite board. The aftermarket boards are unreliable.

See if you can exchange the board for a genuine Hayward.

It is either the board or the cell or both.

Show us pics of the cell.

What is the serial number of the cell?

1000000884.jpg

Attachments

• 1000000884.jpg
    1000000884.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 0
The cell seemed ok until I changed the board. Do cells quit suddenly?

Your cell is 6 years old and likely near the end of its life. It looks like the new Purline board is not compatible with a well used old cell. The same thing may have happened with a new Hayward board.

Cells show their age and die in various ways.

I suggest you get a new Pureline cell from Inyopools which should be the most compatible with your new board.

Your cell is 6 years old and likely near the end of its life. It looks like the new Purline board is not compatible with a well used old cell. The same thing may have happened with a new Hayward board.

Cells show their age and die in various ways.

I suggest you get a new Pureline cell from Inyopools which should be the most compatible with your new board.
Thank you. I'll order a Pureline T15 equivalent and report back after I install it.

Thank you. I'll order a Pureline T15 equivalent and report back after I install it.
It took me a while, but I have a Pureline T15 equivalent installed. Readings this morning:

100P
PLO
R016
T15

The only continuing issue is the new board reports the temperature at a constant 82. That is not correct. But chlorine is being generated so I needed the new cell. Thank you @ajw22 for your advice.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.