njsPC + Freeze Protection + Pool Slide

Camaro4life18

Mar 4, 2022
Indiana
So I just converted over my homemade automation to njsPC. One thing I am adding is a solenoid valve to control the water to the slide. With my old 1 speed pump and manual ball valve the kids would spray water all over the sidewalk because there was too much pressure. Still being cold, I haven't touched the slide valve, so I'm not worried about it now, but come next winter I like to wait until the water temp gets into the low 40s before I close. Which means I gotta keep the pump running. My old program had its own freeze protection, but I never messed with the slide. I suppose its never froze before, but should I add the slide valve to the freeze protection in njsPC?

You can assign the freeze virtual circuit or identify the circuit with freeze and njsPC will turn it on at the freeze threshold. This threshold is configurable in the general section. For something like a slide though I would winterize it. Drain the pipes cycle the valve off and put the actuator in service mode. Indiana does have a couple of seasons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.