Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I am also looking at this motor for the same reason (at @1poolman1 suggestion). The manual mentions a built-in relay sounds like an interesting option for switching on my SWCG - does anyone know if the flow threshold is configurable? From the manual:

"The Auxiliary Load Relay automatically closes when the motor is operating at 2100 RPM so that you can activate an external pool accessory that is dependent on a specific flow rate, e.g., a chlorine generator, pool heater, or cleaner."

From what I've been reading on this site, people with VSP and SWCG seem to run closer to 1000RPM, so I'm wondering if I could configure the relay to switch on at the lower RPM.

I'm also wondering how much clearance on top I need for the user interface. It looks like it has some sort of cover that I'm guessing swings up. I have a pipe running above my motor which might get in the way of access to the UI.

IMG_0446.jpeg

The manual also mentions the option of remote control. Are there any affordable remote control options I could use if the UI is not accessible on the top because of that pipe?

I have never found a way to adjust that 2100RPM setting to close the internal relay. Be aware that it only switches one leg of a 240V circuit.
Dimensions of the motor are in the diagram. You would likely have an issue with the plumbing and the control/drive interface cover.
"Affordable remote control" is an oxymoron when it comes to pool related products. The controls that will actually communicate with that motor out of the box, that I am aware of, are the "Waterway Oasis" and "the Attendant."
It can use its internal wiring to use discreet voltage inputs to change speeds as well.
1713126321041.png

Attachments

• Neptune 16527 THP Pool Pump Installation and Operation Guide.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
Yeah, I have a feeling I'm going to need to do some plumbing work. In that case, it may make sense to get an entirely new pump, since the idea of an easy motor swap out job is less likely. Any comparable VSP in that price range? I found references to a cheap CaliMar in this forum, but could not find any documentation on how it works, how configurable it is, etc, so that scares me away. Then I saw references to Pentair pumps closer to $2000. Any recommendations for something decent less than $1000?

I'm only familiar with equipment available through my wholesalers. Many on this forum are happy with the Calimar/Black&Decker/Blue Torrent/Other? pumps.
Get the 3hp model if you can. Run it at lower rpm to move the same amount of water and save energy cost.