newly plastered pool - new pool to me

Feb 27, 2014
oklahoma
i have a few items i am trying to figure out as this pool (house) is new to me. i know this is alot but any help would be great. I have had a liner pool and a fiberglass pool but never a plaster (i move alot I know) so here goes
-i have two skimmers in this pool neither seem to pull has hard or fast as the single skimmers i had in my other pool is this normal? there is a little cover i can slide over the inlets in the skimmers to reduce to one and that does help but not sure the point in that?
-i was told we can swim right away but need to brush the pool every other day or so, if i get a robotic cleaner do you still need to brush the pool all the time or does that basically take the place of it? also what is the recommended cleaner for robotic ones? I see alot about dolphin on here.
-there are two 1/4 inch pvc lines that come out under the edge of the hottub on the pool. they go out to the decking around the hottub. when we run the jets they gurgle some but no water is this some sort of air intake for the hot tub? never seen anything like it before.

Reactions: Rich D
Your skimmers seem to be joined together sharing one suction line. The first skimmer has the 2 holes with that diverter disk at the bottom which allows you to adjust the amount of shared suction to the 2nd skimmer. Since there are two skimmers on one line, it makes sense you would see better movement if one is closed off. Brushing is extremely important with new plaster, but check with your contractor about using the robot just to be safe. Also remember that with new plaster, your pH will tend to increase faster than normal due to the curing process. Have muriatic acid handy to control the pH when it tried to exceed 7.8. I'm afraid I can't help you with the pipes from the tub. If you don't get a reply here, you might need to start a new thread in the Spa/Hot Tub sub-forum for that one and include a pic perhaps.

thanks for the info.
-seems strange to have 2 skimmers on one line, while it saves risk of it clogging i guess it sure seems to reduce the suction on them.
-i have added a pic of the hole on the side of the hot tub, there are two of these. ill post in the other area shortly if no reply here.

Attachments

• IMG_20200419_161538.jpg
    IMG_20200419_161538.jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 6
i have added a pic of the hole on the side of the hot tub,
Those look like overflow drain holes. But yes, some pools have their 2nd skimmer hole go to a main drain versus a skimmer like yours. You're not alone. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.