FC 10
CC 0
TC 10
pH 7.5
TA 80
CYA 70-75
Temp 80*

Running the pump 24/7 right now. Going to get the pH up to 7.6-7.7

Pool is still slightly cloudy, what are your thoughts....we have a party this sunday and want it clear but not so full of bleach its going to burn your eyes if bleach is whats needed.

Thanks
Nikolas

So funny you should mention this, I just came back on to update about the cartridge. I have a skin on it that collects everything and keeps me from having to buy new ones(the look brand new underneath and really work, even though I was skeptical) In the past when it gets time to change it the pressure change is very obvious. Thinking that since the pressure has been perfect and I see NO green in the pool that it was still fine after a few days I decided to pull it anyways! WOW was it BRIGHT GREEN! Looks like the color of one of those energy drinks! Also the housing had a green slime on the top. Def some algae hiding in the filter housing. SO i reshocked just now using 6%. Should I run the SWG while shocking also just to keep it up longer?

Thanks
Nikolas

Ignore your PH when the FC is above 10- this is a false-high created by the high chlorine levels. Wait until the FC is below 10 to adjust PH.

28 would mean you are not done shocking. 28.5 would be borderline. Because you are still seeing green on the filter and you experienced the drop - I would keep it at shock level another night and repeat the overnight test.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Due to craziness at work I am unsure where I stand on the O/N FCL test.
I left for work at noon yesterday with a FC of 28, ran filter only while at work and returned at 9am to find FC of 26. Pool is perfectly clear as well!

Thoughts?

Here are the skins
http://shop.ebay.com/poolfilterman/m.ht ... ksid=p3686

I ordered the $9 skin only and ziptied at the top and bottom of the intex cartridge filter. When cleaning is needed I pull the filter out, rinse with water house for 45 second and replace! If I were to do it again I would probably order the whole setup!
http://cgi.ebay.com/B-type-Pool-Filter- ... 632wt_1142

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.