Newbie with a cloudy pool

I haven't been posting, because I know what I need to do, and I've been doing it. And I see an improvement every day. But tonight as I prepared for my OCLT, I found one test result puzzling.

FC: 11.5
CC: .5
PH: 7.2
TA: 180
CYA: 24
CH: no reading
The CH test did not register red...MAYBE a slight pink tinge but not red. My last pool store test had me in the range of 257. ???? Confused on that one but otherwise good to go. Did some vacuuming today and added a skimmer sock (panty hose) and am seeing an improvement all the time. I realize some of my test results are out of the recommended range, but am just concentrating for now on keeping it at shock level and figure I will adjust the rest when I am done shocking.

Am I on the right track people??

I was at Walmart tonight for non-pool reasons and saw people looking at the pool stuff there and I kick myself for not telling them to forget that nonsense and find you guys. I was just trying to survive that nightmare of a store with my young uns. But I still feel guilty!!! LOL

HOW EMPOWERING! THANK YOU POOL SCHOOL!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.