Andreaddarby

Apr 24, 2023
Killen, Al
Hello I am a newbie to TFP but thankful to have seen the light 😜 Decided to get serious and learn how to properly manage my pool myself after a few years of less than ideal pool care and having no clue what I was doing! So now learning what it takes for proper management. Previously have used chlorine tablets and test strips but planning on changing to bleach after learning about CYA and chlorine relationship. 🤯 I appreciate assistance!

I just tested my pool with my new TF-Pro kit.
FC - 2.5
Ph- 6.8
TA- 50
CYA -80

Experts - would you recommend starting with getting my ph up? Thanks for your help!

Welcome to the forum!
First is chlorine. Get the FC to target level based on your CYA -- FC/CYA Levels

Once you do that, decide if you are going to manage it with your high CYA or drain about half the pool volume.
After that, if you are not going to drain, add about about ppm TA worth of baking soda.
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool

Welcome to the forum!
First is chlorine. Get the FC to target level based on your CYA -- FC/CYA Levels

Once you do that, decide if you are going to manage it with your high CYA or drain about half the pool volume.
After that, if you are not going to drain, add about about ppm TA worth of baking soda.
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool
Thank you! I have read through the pool care basics but will check out the videos!

So to make sure I understand adjust FC to target level then TA then PH in that order?

In your experience is it more cost effective to manage chlorine with high CYA or to drain the half the pool and replace? Thanks!

I would drain some water. You do not say what type of pool you have. That can change the response. Please complete your signature.

You need chlorine now regardless to keep from getting algae. Your FC is very low.

When you add baking soda to adjust the TA, the pH will rise. You normally do not need to chemically adjust pH higher.

Reactions: Bperry
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.