Newbie - Need Help with Green Water and Very High

You're so close I'd keep it at SLAM until you can test again and pass just in case.

SLAM COMPLETE! I kept the SLAM levels up while I waited for the new DPD chemicals to arrive. Got them yesterday and tested at 10:30pm and 5:30am this morning. FC drop of 0!! CC of 0! No averages, no maybes, no question. The SLAM is over.

I think I would have completed a few days earlier, had I been able to do the tests, but I'm happy I have confirmation now.

So... total battle time: 273 hours.

The pool looks great and if anyone out there is looking to SLAM and used this thread as reference, JUST KEEP GOING! I did the drop test 42 times according to my records, and with a CYA of 80, that was a lot of drops.

Anyways, I have further questions, but I'll open different threads.

Thanks everyone, I wouldn't have gotten here with out you!

Dang good job! With all the monsoon rains we have had I believe you've done a stupendous job keeping up with the SLAM. Can you post a picture of the end result?

Sure thing! I'm about to go swimming for the first time since the SLAM.

Before/After:
iUsHiiFl.jpg
JftM9Itl.jpg

Into the deep end:
Ispug0Vl.jpg

Just ran all the tests with the results:
FC 13.5
CC 0
TA 120
PH 7.8 (added acid about an hour ago to get it to 7.5)
CH 650
CYA 80

I'm so glad this forum exists. My wife, some of my co-workers, and my wife's co-workers all think I'm crazy for what I did. I heard so many different answers for how I was supposed to clear up my water, and now that I have some knowledge about the chemical side of things, I know most of them are misguided in how to take care of their pools. But now I get to have a clear pool without a pool store or pool guy. Self-sufficiency is great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.