Newbie looking for experienced feedback.

Ok, I am going to buy the 300 lb sand filter and run my 1 HP dynamo pump (until the 2 speed motor comes in) then switch them out. I figured the larger filtration won't hurt and for $100 its worth it.

linen said:
jrh1010 said:
So knowing the specs on the s210t and the s190tscp, which one of those filters would u suggest?
Assuming both work and are leak free, then I would use the s210t. The s190tscp only has 1.8 sq. ft. filter area.

Linen, I was going with the gpm being higher on the s190tscp them on the 210t. 25 vs. 20. Does that not matter? Not questioning you, but would really truly like to understand, and possibly pass on some knowledge at a future date. Which might be more dangerous them useful : )

I know to make sure the inside pieces aren't broke, is there anything else I should look at on the filter to make sure it has been well kept? Which I have two Hayward top valves here already. One of them surely has to work ; )
Last but not least, and this is any easy one, where does the vacuum line hook up to? Do I need to plumb for it or is there an adapter? I looked today and it seems you need an adapter. I think. The intex was muuuuch easier : )

jrh1010 said:
Linen, I was going with the gpm being higher on the s190tscp them on the 210t. 25 vs. 20. Does that not matter? Not questioning you, but would really truly like to understand, and possibly pass on some knowledge at a future date. Which might be more dangerous them useful : )
It is a good question. Filter manufacturers say all sorts of things about flow rates. In the end there is no significance difference between sand filters as it is the sand cross-sectional area that matters. ANSI/NSF 50 specification for "public pools" recommends 15 gpm/sq. ft. for all sand filters. Much of the information I have been getting has been compiled by mas985 in this thread: http://www.troublefreepool.com/hydraulics-101-have-you-lost-your-head-t915.html

Guys, thank you for your time and patience. I would have never gotten this far without this site and hope I can return the favor. With more than a subscription. Anyone want to buy a filter in eastern nc? : )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.