Agrohe127

Jul 8, 2023
Merchantville, nj
Surface
Vinyl
Hi there! I just bought a house that has an above ground salt water pool and I have idea where to begin!! I've found youtube videos to set up the pump, filter, etc but unsure how to clean this mess up.

I've skimmed out large debris and I think my next step is vacuum to waste then shock? Is this correct? I've got hayward power flo xl pump, perflex de filter, and the lady bug aqua vacuum. Do I just plug in vacuum and go? Anything I need to put in pump or filter? So overwhelmed & afraid of ruining equipment!!

Attachments

• 20230705_111340.jpg
    20230705_111340.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230705_111652.jpg
    20230705_111652.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Vacuuming to waste might be need a good option, but there may be another. Depending on your chemical testing, it may be better to exchange a good amount of water before starting the [ SLAM][/SLAM]. Do you have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit? That would be a must before you start to do anything. Then we could help you accurately.

Hello! Believe it or no, we have seen worse! While you wait for your test kit to arrive, head on over to Pool School learn how to clear and maintain your pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.