Newbie help: TFP test kit FC differences

Hartlimp

Jul 23, 2023
Mississippi
Hi. New to this testing method. I need help making sure I understand the two test options for chlorine measurement. 1. The small gauge that has one side chlorine and the other ph- I measure the chlorine as instructed with adding drops and the yellow always appears darker than the highest reading. So I move to the larger chlorine 10ml and powder test. I add the drops and count them and then multiply 0.5 and it comes out as like 3 or 4. But shouldn’t this show up on the other test as within that window since it’s not actually showing higher than the scale reads?

Hi. New to this testing method. I need help making sure I understand the two test options for chlorine measurement. 1. The small gauge that has one side chlorine and the other ph- I measure the chlorine as instructed with adding drops and the yellow always appears darker than the highest reading. So I move to the larger chlorine 10ml and powder test. I add the drops and count them and then multiply 0.5 and it comes out as like 3 or 4. But shouldn’t this show up on the other test as within that window since it’s not actually showing higher than the scale reads?
The yellow OTO testing isn’t very precise, don’t use it for anything except for knowing there’s chlorine or not. Use the powder FAS-DPD for accurate measurements.

Reactions: proavia
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.