Newbie help please!

This am its 24 FC and 1.5 CC ....CC is supposed to go lower so wonder why is it going up. I guess I need to add more bleach to get it to 28.

The closer to 28fc you keep it the faster it will go and the CC rising at first is expected and as Richard said, it will get burned off when the sun gets to it :)

It went down to 17.5 FC and .5 CC this afteenoon when I checked he added more bleach don't see a change yet. Kinda depressing lol. I think my hubby thinks I am nuts lol. I keep saying it's gonna work lol so trying to be hopeful lol

I feel like I need to get refills on my Taylor supplies. Is amazon the best place to buy them?

I went to brush it and for the first time I can see the brush on the bottom but is still cloudy but I can see the brush lol yay! Hubby was just like let's drain it. In my head I am like no I think it's doing something he is not convinced yet! I gotta prove him wrong hahha

You can order from Amazon or look in my siggy for another place. Do a price comparison and see which one has the best price. I KNOW the one in my siggy had VERY fresh regents. It can be a little hard to tell with the ones from Amazon.

Kim:cat:

- - - Updated - - -

kids swimming=clear pool so you can see them like you said. NOW for water levels. So long as your FC is just below the SLAM level according to the FC/CYA chart. Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You're doing really great!!! I totally understand you're hubby's urge to drain and refill, but if you sit down and do the math, you'll have to re-add cya, adjust ph & TA, and then, of course, SLAM again anyway to sanitize the liner, pool equipment, and the new water. The choice is always up to you two, but my vote is finish what you started, only spend the money on bleach/liquid shock until you finish your SLAM, then let the FC drift back to normal target level for your cya and then readjust ph once again when it is under FC 10. I think you'll save more money and be swim-ready sooner if you stay the course. You've done so much and learned so much and are seeing the stuff on the bottom now! We're all proud of you! Any questions so far? Maybe hubby can help with the brushing if that's getting too much for you? It really does help to scratch up any leftover hardened algae and to mix the water thoroughly. You can also vacuum more often if you like, just be sure to leave a couple hours for the stuff to settle and vacuum really slowly to not make to many waves along the bottom when vacuuming that would stir it up before the suction gets there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.