Newbie aquapure no flow question

Newguyinsc

Sep 6, 2023
South Carolina
As the title states I am new to all of this so please bear with me. The other day I noticed in my app it said “ check aquapure”. On the panel it says 50% no flow. This happened once before , and I reset the breakers and everything was fine. No such luck this time.

The pool and all equipment is about 3 months old. Filter is clean. Water is pulling from and returning to the pool fine. I even disconnected the aqua pure from the board reconnected it and it still says no flow. Any additional help would be appreciated. I did notice now that all these status lights on the board are not lit now accept for power. This pic was from earlier in the day.

Attachments

• IMG_3383.jpeg
    IMG_3383.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 14
Welcome to TFP.

Clean your filter. It is probably dirty and slowing your flow.

What filter do you have?

When was it last cleaned?

What pump do you have? What speed is it running at?

What type of pool do you have?

Welcome to TFP.

Clean your filter. It is probably dirty and slowing your flow.

What filter do you have?

When was it last cleaned?

What pump do you have? What speed is it running at?

What type of pool do you have?
Not sure of the filter name but it’s the big tan Jandy egg like one that is a cartridge filter. I have a Jandy vsp. I just cranked it up to 3450 and it still says no flow. There does seem to be something on the screen that say Jo or maybe J Zero. The filter has not been cleaned yet but the pressure is sitting right around 12. I have a gunite pool installed in July this year.

There does seem to be something on the screen that say Jo or maybe J Zero.

Which screen?

Post a pic of it.

The filter has not been cleaned yet but the pressure is sitting right around 12. I have a gunite pool installed in July this year.

Clean your filter or call your builder.

I will clean the filter tomorrow. Maybe a stupid question but with the pressure gauge reading 10-12 does that not mean the flow should be fine ? Not combatting your suggestions just trying to learn. Thank for your help. Fyi while tinkering with it earlier I did notice a the “cell on” did light up for literally a second and then it went back to power and cell cell reversing.

Sometimes the pressure gauge is a good indication of a clogged filter and sometimes it is not.

You have to learn how your equipment works best and that learning can take some experimentation.

Clean the filter and let's see what happens.

First, you paid big $$$ for your pool, right? I'd hold the builder's feet to the fire for starters.

At various places people claim AquaPure needs 20 to 40 gallons per minute minimum. The Jandy Manual here says 20. Let's assume that's where NO FLOW lights up. You'd need an extremely dirty filter to get less than 20 gpm. Pressure would probably be more than 12. But it's possible. You need to learn to clean the filter anyway. Now's a good time to get it down, while the weather is good.

After the filter is ruled out, the AquaPure manual - easy to find on line for free; get it and read it; in fact get manuals for _all_ your equipment and read them - suggests other things. 1) is that the cable from the 3-port sensor isn't connected to the board in the control box. Maybe the builder didn't plug it in right. Maybe an animal chewed through the wire. Maybe the sensor or cable was flawed from the factory. 2) Something other than the filter is blocking flow. This includes the cell itself. If you have really poor water chemistry or your new plaster is emitting something that's getting past the filter, it could already be clogged. You'd need to remove the cell and check 3) some other blockage - including the suction side so the pump is losing prime. Need to verify skimmers and/or drains are open and returns are blowing a healthy stream.

Overall, my guess is 1) based on the newness of the pool and the fact that you already had the problem and it went away with a reset. Sometimes flaky electrical connections behave like that. But this is just a guess.

Good luck! And welcome to TFP. I'd really call it TFAPP. Trouble Free As Possible Pool. You're already finding that having a pool is basically like caring for a pet. Lots of rewards, but steady, careful effort required.

I will clean the filter tomorrow. Maybe a stupid question but with the pressure gauge reading 10-12 does that not mean the flow should be fine ? Not combatting your suggestions just trying to learn. Thank for your help.
I will clean the filter tomorrow. Maybe a stupid question but with the pressure gauge reading 10-12 does that not mean the flow should be fine ? Not combatting your suggestions just trying to learn. Thank for your help. Fyi while tinkering with it earlier I did notice a the “cell on” did light up for literally a second and then it went back to power and cell cell reversing.
Well filter was horrible. Another good reason for me dropping my pool guy. He said “oh you need it cleaned yet”. Well apparently I did. Pieces of plaster and concrete all in it from build I guess. Lol. Still getting low flow though. I am about to inspect the sensor next. The cable was attached to the board properly last night. Arghhh

Attachments

• IMG_3396.jpeg
    IMG_3396.jpeg
    529.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3395.jpeg
    IMG_3395.jpeg
    252.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3397.jpeg
    IMG_3397.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 8
First, you paid big $$$ for your pool, right? I'd hold the builder's feet to the fire for starters.

At various places people claim AquaPure needs 20 to 40 gallons per minute minimum. The Jandy Manual here says 20. Let's assume that's where NO FLOW lights up. You'd need an extremely dirty filter to get less than 20 gpm. Pressure would probably be more than 12. But it's possible. You need to learn to clean the filter anyway. Now's a good time to get it down, while the weather is good.

After the filter is ruled out, the AquaPure manual - easy to find on line for free; get it and read it; in fact get manuals for _all_ your equipment and read them - suggests other things. 1) is that the cable from the 3-port sensor isn't connected to the board in the control box. Maybe the builder didn't plug it in right. Maybe an animal chewed through the wire. Maybe the sensor or cable was flawed from the factory. 2) Something other than the filter is blocking flow. This includes the cell itself. If you have really poor water chemistry or your new plaster is emitting something that's getting past the filter, it could already be clogged. You'd need to remove the cell and check 3) some other blockage - including the suction side so the pump is losing prime. Need to verify skimmers and/or drains are open and returns are blowing a healthy stream.

Overall, my guess is 1) based on the newness of the pool and the fact that you already had the problem and it went away with a reset. Sometimes flaky electrical connections behave like that. But this is just a guess.

Good luck! And welcome to TFP. I'd really call it TFAPP. Trouble Free As Possible Pool. You're already finding that having a pool is basically like caring for a pet. Lots of rewards, but steady, careful effort required.
Any idea what this heart thing is ?

Attachments

• IMG_3454.jpeg
    IMG_3454.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3453.jpeg
    IMG_3453.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 5

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Any idea what this heart thing is ?
Sorry no. A guess is that it means something bad about communication with the pool automation. Definitely try cycling power.

You didn't say much about your setup. Consider listing your equipment in your signature block. It makes things easier.

There does seem to be something on the screen that say Jo or maybe J Zero.

1694783780796.png

Here is a test you can do.

Disconnect the sensor plug and use the three buttons to do the three tests.

1694783843754.png

1694355486639-png.529191

pxl_20230910_141340147-jpg.529186

Can you show the inline module?

Can you show the circuit board?

81A+DyB1DVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• jandy-aqua-pure-error-codes.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.