Newbie and nervous - trying TFPC

I have the "standard" vacuum that hooks into my AquaGenie system. The nylon thing sounds like a good idea but I would know where to get that. I have cartridge filter so I am not backwashing tons of water. It seems to be going through ok. Vacuuming is a challenge because I can't really see to the bottom. I just can tell by the dirt on the stairs. I vacuum everyday.

If you search amazon for "skimmer socks" you'll see what I mean. Here's an example:

315pvrLvFYL._SP160,160,0,T_.jpg

This only helps in vacuuming if the vacuumed stuff runs through the filter basket, which isn't necessarily the case. My vacuum goes over the skimmer basket using an adapter that looks like this:

index.jpg

They make them for Aqua Genies, but you'd want to do some research and make sure you get the right one.

You're still SLAMming and keeping FC at shock level every chance you get, right? Why not take a pH reading if FC drifts below 10 some time? It would be nice to know pH was in range so you're not damaging any equipment.

I am still keeping chlorine at shock level however I am back at work so I can only check twice a day. That's a good idea, I will check PH tomorrow. Concrete is going to be done on Wednesday so I won't be able to get to pool for two days. Thinking of raising my chlorine level on Wednesday morning so it can last until Thursday? thoughts?

I am still keeping chlorine at shock level however I am back at work so I can only check twice a day. That's a good idea, I will check PH tomorrow. Concrete is going to be done on Wednesday so I won't be able to get to pool for two days. Thinking of raising my chlorine level on Wednesday morning so it can last until Thursday? thoughts?

Yep. And I may get scolded here, but since your cya is still relatively low maybe the stabilizer in pucks would not hurt for a couple days while you cannot get access to pool??? A couple of big tabs in the skimmer? And then discontinue all use, FOREVER. Better than loosing your clearing progress.
I have a SWG and I run mine at about 70-80ppm according to manufacturers spec and have no issues. With SWG you know, but you will need more than the chlorine guys.

Probably won't be able to get to the skimmer for those two days while the stamped colored concrete is being finished. Pool will be covered so won't have that option either. I was thinking of kicking it up to 15/16 on Wednesday morning assuming I would loose 5/6 over the day Wednesday and Thursday. Should be good to get back at it on Thursday.

P.S. Haven't shut my pump off since I started this. Can't wait until I can but then again I can't wait for a clear, sparkling pool:p

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.