Newb trying to get on top of the pool

I have a dilemma.

Wednesday morning the overnight loss was 1.5 ppm.

This morning the overnight loss was 3 ppm 16 -> 13. CC is at 0.

So that's clearly a fail and a disappointment. The pool is clear, actually it's crystal clear and a color of blue it's never been in the brief time I've owned it.

So here's the part where I try and talk myself into being done with the SLAM. When I got home from work yesterday the pool was at 6.5 ppm. I didn't add bleach until after 10 PM. At that point I added two more jugs of 8.25%. Pool Math says that should've taken me to 12.9. I measured 16 at 11:30 PM. I ran the test three times and got the same answer but didn't think to take samples from a different part of the pool to double check. 12.9 is really close to 13, and would represent a pass if that was correct. Do you think it's possible that my test last night was affected by the bleach not completely mixing yet?

For now the pool is still at 13, nobody is swimming in it and I'm off to work.

Thoughts and recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we passed the OCLT this morning with only a 1/2 ppm drop over night.

Yesterday I did a deep filter cleaning and pulled out a bunch of crud. My wife said looked like I was birthing a calf as I was reaching inside the filter to gather some of the heavier crud that wouldn't overflow out.

Today's numbers are:

6.5 FC
0 CC
7.5 pH
CYA 20
CH 250
TA 121

I have a SWG for chlorine, so now begins the fine tuning of pump run time and SWG operating percentage. Before I do that though, I think I need to tackle my CYA level. My SWG manual says to target 50, but TFP recommends 70. I'm inclined to go to 50 first and see how difficult it is (or is not) to keep Chlorine in the pool. I plan to use HTH Stabilzer/conditioner to raise the CYA. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Before the slam:

37eebf00659a3dafac499386d22f7fd6.jpg

98276825a3db475b0609323135f705a3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.